C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

muncie speedo gear help

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 06:58 PM
vabeachvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default muncie speedo gear help

Got the trans rebuilt, guy told me that the connection from the tranny to the speedo cable is not spinning, when the tranny was taken out of the car the speedometer worked fine, did the guy break the speedometer gear shaft end? Seems that it has to fit into a keyway in that part that is setting on top the the tranny in this pic. Is there a part missing? Any help would be appreciated.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-14-2005, 08:31 PM
vabeachvette
Racer

Looks like I answered my question, that piece sitting ontop is a speedometer cable drive adapter and that is missing the square shaft in it, must have gotten lost in the rebuild. Doesn't look like I can just get that part, a new adapter is 40 bucks. By the way:

Does anyone use these speedometer cable drive adapters?
Old 10-15-2005, 09:13 AM
72-LT1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the drive adapter you are talking about for the transmission when the car has a 3.7 or 4.11 rear?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:18 PM
vabeachvette
Racer

I sent 72-LT1 a pm, still looking to get my question answer if anyone uses the speedometer cable drive adapter. I am missing the square shaft that goes into the speedo gear hole and it doesn't look like anyone just sells that shaft, a new adapter is $39.99

Get notified of new replies

To muncie speedo gear help

Quick Reply: muncie speedo gear help