C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

73 shoulder harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 08:03 PM
kmac73
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 73 shoulder harness

I'm recovering the seats in my 73 convertible. The shoulder harness passes through the upper part of the seat and I can't figure out how to remove the harness. The buckle end will not fit though the small opening. Do I take it apart at the belt retracter?

Last edited by kmac73; 10-16-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:19 PM
seaboltm
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it will fit, at least on mine; i have had to push mine through the opening many times. very trick. helps to have a friend with a small srewdriver to push the buckle head over the little metal rod in the seat.

it can be done. no seat disassembly required, at least not on my 73
Old 10-16-2005, 09:22 PM
trw
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Use a hair dryer is heat the plastic cover and pull it off, then the buckle will slide right thru.

Terry
Old 10-16-2005, 09:22 PM
rosslato
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by seaboltm
it will fit, at least on mine; i have had to push mine through the opening many times. very trick. helps to have a friend with a small srewdriver to push the buckle head over the little metal rod in the seat.

it can be done. no seat disassembly required, at least not on my 73

fanaggle it
Old 10-16-2005, 11:22 PM
stingry
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by kmac73
I'm recovering the seats in my 73 convertible. The shoulder harness passes through the upper part of the seat and I can't figure out how to remove the harness. The buckle end will not fit though the small opening. Do I take it apart at the belt retracter?
Since you are recovering your seats can you take some pictures of that area. I am about to install the hardware on my seats so that I can feed the shoulder harness through.....but do not know how to install it to the seat frame (if it indeed does). ie I am adding the holes to the seats which never had it.

Thanks,

Pete
Old 10-17-2005, 09:10 AM
mayberg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove the plastic thingy with the "fingers" that stick out sideways, then turn the clip over - it should pass right through upside down.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:46 PM
kmac73
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 73 shoulder harness

thanks Terry, the hair dryer worked great. Now if I could get some of you guys to help me recover the seats things would be wonderful...much harder than I thought. Worked all day and only have one seat finished. Never saw so many frozen bolts. I'll try to get pictures soon. Tony

Get notified of new replies

To 73 shoulder harness

Quick Reply: 73 shoulder harness