C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gas line to carb -74 L48

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 05:32 PM
fcoppola
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas line to carb -74 L48

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but just thought I'd check with the experts. When I replaced my carb the metal fuel line no longer bolted directly into the carb. due to the placement of the new carb's fuel inlet, I ended up with a bery bubba-esqe fuel line. I have rubber hose with the metal mesh basically circling the entire carb. So my question is this, can a metal fuel line be bent safely without draining the tank? Also will doing so affect fuel pressure or kink the line?
Old 12-04-2005, 05:54 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,926 Likes on 1,931 Posts

You can easily fabricate a new all-metal fuel line using an inexpensive tube bender and a flaring tool. You can remove the existing metal line by simply pinching off the rubber inlet line to the fuel pump with a pair of ViceGrips. For a step-by-step procedure on fabricating a metal line, drop me an e-mail request for the Fuel Line paper and I'll send you a paper complete with photos and part numbers.
V8FastCars@msn.com
Old 12-05-2005, 01:07 PM
the73vetteman
Advanced

What carb did you fit?

My '73 had a Holley 4150 fitted by some previous owner and the bubba-esque rubber hose. I learnt that the LT1 used this same type of carb and was able to replace rubber with LT1 style steel pipe.

John
Old 12-05-2005, 08:09 PM
carhound
Instructor

The way fuel lines are put together you will need to double flare the ends. I bought a double flaring tool at Sears. Worked good and was cheap.

Get notified of new replies

To gas line to carb -74 L48

Quick Reply: gas line to carb -74 L48