C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

Brake Fuse Solution - Sorry Long Hellish Story

Old 08-03-2001, 07:57 AM
still-learning
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Brake Fuse Solution - Sorry Long Hellish Story

Well folks, I got the solution to the brake fuse problem the expensive way. It is a long story and I apologize in advance. But I thought it was kinda funny so I am gonna pass it on.

I have a mechanic friend, who I asked to look at the car for the fuse problem... He can't find it but he doesn't charge me.

I get on here for the second time and get some cool new ideas (possible short behind the fuse panel). I go to pickup the car which is about an hour away.

First bad sign. I have to jump the car which I haven't had to do before. Then after driving for about 5 minutes the generator light starts to flicker. :( I have my dog in the car so I am thinking "Come on baby, just make it to my garage."

Second bad sign. Total voltage drop off. Nothing. Nada. Now I am thinking "oh , come on, just make it to my garage." As expected, at a light she conks out and of course I can't start it. So now what? I look at the dog, who grins, hop out and start pushing the car to the side of the road.

What a picture, me pushing and the dog steering.

As luck turns out I get it to the side of the intersection and low and behold there is a chevy dealer across the street. Take my dog and a walking we go. My lucky day, they will work on my car!!

Unfortunately, the shop is up hill. Are the dog and I going to push this 3500lb car up a hill? Nope. $35 later and here comes my car in a flatbed which I beat to the shop walking.

Well, to make a long story longer, it took their mechanics two hours to figure everything out. First, the big power problem was the alternator died. The brake fuse problem was the turn signal switch shorting that circuit.

shoot, I have spent hours trying to find that damn short... Such is life.

Good news is that the car runs great and I have brake lights again.

Tim M.
Old 08-03-2001, 07:58 AM
still-learning
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Brake Fuse Solution - Sorry Long Hellish Story (still-learning)

They edited out my cuss words... Pretty funny. The new software just removes it. :blueangel:
Old 08-03-2001, 02:38 PM
78Paceman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Brake Fuse Solution - Sorry Long Hellish Story (still-learning)

No Cussing!! This is a family forum. :yesnod:

What a sight that must have been, you pushing and the dog steering. :lol:
As soon as I get my transmission fixed, I'll be out there cruising with ya! :cheers:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake Fuse Solution - Sorry Long Hellish Story

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: