C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Many Thanks to RocknRoll

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 08:17 PM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Many Thanks to RocknRoll

Just thought I'd share a story of how great this forum is. Steve offered me the use of his Gland Nut wrench so I could tighten mine back on without tearing up the new nut. He shipped it to me at my parent's house in Tucson and it got here in like 3 days. It worked beautifully. Steve is one of the people that makes this forum great.

Thanks Steve!!
Old 08-04-2001, 04:35 AM
Rockn-Roll
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Many Thanks to RocknRoll (Steve Straus)

I had it and you needed it. Is the tranny back in? What clutch did you use? I installed the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch and used a stock throw-out bearing...now I hear the bearing spinning on the clutch fork every now and then. I wish I had seen the literature for the clutch and bought their special bearing...oh well...it's kinda fun to be lying under a clean corvette with a muncie on my chest.
Old 08-05-2001, 01:06 AM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Many Thanks to RocknRoll (Rockn-Roll)

The tranny is en-route to my house. I just got back from AZ about 10 minutes ago . We crated it up (see my other post) and had it shipped UPS and insured.

I still have to get the flywheel resurfaced before I install the clutch. I bought a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch and got their throwout bearing as well. I still have to measure the distance from the top of the ball stud to the flywheel surface to see if I need a new ball stud.

I really cant wait to install it. :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To Many Thanks to RocknRoll

Quick Reply: Many Thanks to RocknRoll