C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What wheels are these

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 09:42 PM
TransAm525
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What wheels are these

For the past week I have been considering selling my 82 for a C4, but after seeing this picture of a Corvette, I just can't bring myself to do it. My side pipes will be here this week, and the headers in October. The ground effects kit is next, along with an L-88 or cowl induction hood. I've always wanted to put wheels on my 82, but never could find anything that really stuck me, until now. I found my wheels. Who makes these wheels on the yellow Corvette at this website, and where can I buy them? http://www.uniqueperformance.net/68-82.htm
Old 08-04-2001, 10:48 PM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: What wheels are these (TransAm525)

I like the wheels shown in the link that you provided too!

I also like forum member, 71 roadster's wheels http://corvetteforum.net/c3/71roadster/

I also like the Torque Thrust II wheels.

I wish that I could buy a set of each and change them out every 4 months!!! :D
Old 08-04-2001, 10:51 PM
Stingy74
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look like the wheels on my friends 85. His are American Racing LeMans wheels...I think that's what they are called. I have attached a picture. His is the read car, obviously.
Old 08-04-2001, 11:07 PM
TransAm525
Racer

I e-mailed the company of the website, and am awaiting a reply. Finding a set of good looking wheels for a C3 is hard. For a while, I was toying with the idea of mounting a set of Ferrari 360 Modena wheels on the 82, with custom adapters, but they still didn't quite give the look I wanted. These wheels are definately the wheels, I just need to find who makes these things and where I could purchase a set.
Old 08-04-2001, 11:08 PM
Stingy74
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a couple of more photo's of the wheels mentioned above. Sorry, they were scanned with a really old black and white scanner. I cut and pasted his wheels on my car as well to see what it would have been like.

Old 08-05-2001, 01:22 AM
TransAm525
Racer

The American Racing wheels look very similar. I looked on American Racing's website, and they are not listed, so I'm not sure if they are made anymore. I remember seeing a set of similar wheels a while back, but with rivets around the edge on a C3 Corvette. They looked like something off a Konig edition Ferrari or something, they were pretty impressive. I'll keep looking through all the wheel manufacturer's web pages and see what I can find.

Get notified of new replies

To What wheels are these

Quick Reply: What wheels are these