C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caddy Corvette Merge?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 02:37 AM
jonny4523
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Default Caddy Corvette Merge?!?

A while ago I started hearing rumors of a Corvette-Cadillac merge. I saw an article somewhere with a 'first' photo in it. It was a Corvette body but the drivetrain was all Cadillac. It was on a trailer and captioned saying "these are the distinctive Cadillac rims on this Corvette body". Has anyone heard any more about this? I was kinda shaking at the thought that Corvette was going to be...Corvette anymore. I had also heard rumors about Corvette getting its own line, like car brand, if you understand what I'm saying. I would really like to know what the situation is now.
Old 08-04-2001, 11:16 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Caddy Corvette Merge?!? (jonny4523)

That picture you saw was in MT. It was just the Evoq running gear being tested 'under cover' in a Corvette (see 'Cormaro' in All Corvettes Are Red). The C6 and the Evoq are scheduled to be built side by side at BG using the same basic chassis.

The srory about a Corvette brand is just BS. It was dispelled by a GM release sometime in May. It was posted in C5 Section - do a search.

Quick Reply: Caddy Corvette Merge?!?