C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I found the best way to keep miles off a low mileage C3!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2001, 02:55 AM
63Banshee
Melting Slicks

Location: WANTED: '68 rear valance with b/u light assemblies IM, e-mail, or PM me here. Thanks!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I found the best way to keep miles off a low mileage C3!!!

Decide to replace the rear bearings, let it evolve into a rear suspension rebuild, consider restoring the rear chassis, think “while it’s up in the air I might as well detail the engine compartment”, pull the motor and transmission, tear the chassis down to bare frame, then put the whole project on hold because you suddenly realize that you have to do boring things like work, take care of your house and yard, pay attention to your girlfriend, and eat.
Old 08-11-2001, 03:37 AM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Default Re: I found the best way to keep miles off a low mileage C3!!! (63Banshee)

You also found out how to drop a free post on the Corvette forum! Having a broken speedo also helps with the above.
-Steve
Old 08-11-2001, 09:19 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: I found the best way to keep miles off a low mileage C3!!! (Pacin'California)

I thought you were going to say to unhook the speedo cable is the way to do it. :crazy:
Old 08-11-2001, 11:49 AM
Jim Martley2
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: I found the best way to keep miles off a low mileage C3!!! (63Banshee)

Don't worry about putting miles on it!!! It can be rebuilt, we have the tecnology ! My 82 is going to turn 100,000 miles on the way to Carlisle in 2 weeks & I couldn't be happier
Old 08-11-2001, 01:15 PM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought this was going to be a little less legal. ;) But it will keep the miles off.

Get notified of new replies

To I found the best way to keep miles off a low mileage C3!!!

Quick Reply: I found the best way to keep miles off a low mileage C3!!!