C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear "CORVETTE" badge

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 10:45 PM
new_zealand77
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear "CORVETTE" badge

i have a 77 vette i need to access the bolts on the rear of the CORVETTE badge that is on the back bumper to replace it,but the steel bumper inside the urethane bumper sits up hard against the nuts.is it possible to drop the steel bumper out to access the nuts.i dont want to remove urethane bumper as car has just been painted with the bumper on.anyone have any ideas ?please.....thanks
Old 08-20-2001, 12:34 AM
HawkIVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: rear "CORVETTE" badge (new_zealand77)

Can't tell if the 77 is the same as my 75, but you may be out of luck. The steel bumper is bolted to the frame and can only be removed with the urethane bumper cover removed first. And believe me thats hard enough to remove anyway.

Did you remove the embelem before you painted or paint around it?
Old 08-20-2001, 03:46 AM
new_zealand77
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: rear "CORVETTE" badge (Rich's75)

thanks for your reply Rich's75,the painted broke the badge off,snapping the screws ,the broken screws and backing plate are still on the back off the bumper :confused:
Old 08-20-2001, 05:49 AM
Stephen Irons
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 85 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Default Re: rear "CORVETTE" badge (new_zealand77)

Thi sis probably not what you wanted to hear, but I think th e77 is the same, or very similar to my 78. The rear "Corvette" badge fell off our car a few months after we bought it (it had been loose, but I hadn't got around to tightening it!). When I tried to put the nuts on the rear of the new badge, I found the same problem you have... no room. I'm affraid that I ended up using some Araldite to stick the badge to the rear bumper :o Its fine actually, but whe we had to have a small "knock" repainted on the rwra bumper the painter wasn't so pleased about haveing to mask it up! He did it though and it looks great!

I would guess that the backing plate and old screws will drop out, with just a small amount of encouragement... then you 'd be free to go my route.....

Regards.

Get notified of new replies

To rear "CORVETTE" badge

Quick Reply: rear "CORVETTE" badge