C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the difference between standard headers, and ceramic coated headers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 12:46 PM
Andy1983
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is the difference between standard headers, and ceramic coated headers?

Besides over $100, what is the difference between a Standard Header Part, and a Ceramic Coated Part?

I have decided on the headers I want, but I dont know if I want standard or ceramic. I know headers don't last to long, but I wanted to know which performed better and which lasted longer and the differences between them.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 08-20-2001, 12:51 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: What is the difference between standard headers, and ceramic coated headers? (Andy1983)

MY standard headers have been on the car for 12 years. I don't drive in the rain but if I bought new ones I would go for the ceramic coating. They look nicer, last longer and give off less heat. If the price doen't scare you go with ceramic coating.
Norval
Old 08-20-2001, 01:08 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: What is the difference between standard headers, and ceramic coated headers? (norvalwilhelm)

The ceramic headers are said to give off less heat. Also, they will not rust as bare or painted headers will.
Old 08-20-2001, 01:16 PM
Wrecked82
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Re: What is the difference between standard headers, and ceramic coated headers? (Andy1983)

So, what did you decide on? AIR tubes included?
Old 08-20-2001, 01:34 PM
Andy1983
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What is the difference between standard headers, and ceramic coated headers? (Larry82)

I have just ordered Ceramic Coated Hooker Competition Headers.

Thanks all who posted (will still check to see if other posts are on this).

I will tell ya how they work after I installem.
Old 08-20-2001, 02:01 PM
vettepowA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hooker makes a good set of headers, also Dynomax has a good deal on some already jet-hot coated ones. I know you already bought yours, but for future uses i thought it might be helpful.
Old 08-20-2001, 02:16 PM
Go Ravens
Racer

Default Re: What is the difference between standard headers, and ceramic coated headers? (vettepowA)

Again, Summit is having a sale. Dynomax headers are 10% off. I got mine for $190 - coated!! They look beaut!
Sale ends 8/31
Old 08-20-2001, 02:30 PM
ZORA_RULES
Burning Brakes

Default Re: What is the difference between standard headers, and ceramic coated headers? (Go Ravens)

$190........is a great price.

I needed headers for side exhaust, so I went with HTC Coated Hedman side exits for $290 from Summit (after shipping). Took pretty much a day to get them on (several things to take off on drivers side to get cleareance), but they look awful nice and actually provide more clearance than the old ram horns did. They also sound cool.....especially when not hooked to the mufflers :D.....will have to go get them welded on soon.

Get notified of new replies

To What is the difference between standard headers, and ceramic coated headers?

Quick Reply: What is the difference between standard headers, and ceramic coated headers?