C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished the model/replica of my 68

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 11:19 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

Default Re: Finished the model/replica of my 68 (MNJack)

MJ,
Ya thats what I was thinking. I might try and get some from my local body shop mixed up because I need some touch-up paint for my real car. The previous owner had the car painted several years before I bought it so I think the paint is a little off. I have a section on the exhaust cutout in the back (converted from side pipes back to under car exhaust about a year ago) so I can get a decient match from a good body shop....now to find my airbrush.
I will post a picture when I am finished. How about a picture of your model sitting oun your air cleaner like you are going to do when you show it!!!
John
Old 08-31-2001, 12:44 AM
theandies
Team Owner

My model kit came in today :D :D :D :D My wife said that I will now be obsessed with it until it is finished....I think she is right. It is a good looking kit with almost 100 parts. The engine even has small little head and valve covers that are separate. I hope I torque them in the right squence :lol: :lol: :lol: . Now all I have to do is get the exterior paint right. War Bonnet Yellow. Question: My real car has a luggage rack and so does the model. Whenever I get my real car painted the luggage rack is gone. Should I put it on the model now? If I do put it on the directions say to punch holes in the rear deck.
I'll post pics when completed.
John
Old 08-31-2001, 01:10 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Finished the model/replica of my 68 (theandies)

Sounds good! I didnt mention this elsewhere, but I did buy a model kit at Carlisle for a 71 LT-1. Now why, you ask, did I buy that kit? Well..... it does have the regular bigblock hood! MJ
Old 08-31-2001, 08:39 AM
theandies
Team Owner

My kit is a 72 LT-1 Kit also. It has the LT-1/BB hood that I will get for my real car somday because I love that hood. Does your 71 kit have decals for the license plates? Mine has Diplomat plates (why) and also plates that say 1972 LT-1 from North Carolina (Where I am from originally!!!). If you want to make a trade of the decal sheet let me know because I would love to have 1971 plates. :D :D
John
Old 08-31-2001, 10:20 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Finished the model/replica of my 68 (theandies)

check this out

jump to:

click to enlarge photo Product #: 2544
Model Type/Brand: Revell Glue
Scale: 1:25
Subject: Corvettes
Msrp: $12.95
Currently Available

`68 Corvette® Convertible 2 `n 1
The `68 Vette® was as wild as they came! From its show-car inspired styling to its big block 427 engine, the Corvette® was the top dog on the streets. Add on the optional engine components and the custom wheels with wide tires, and the Vette was a serious street machine. Features: Optional wheels, detailed chassis and interior, multiple building options.

Old 09-02-2001, 04:10 AM
LemansBlue68
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking model, MJ. You did a really good job. Your attention to detail is excellent!

When I was a kid and the Vette was restyled for '68, I ran out and bought a model of it shortly afterward (It was a coupe, though). I thought it was the coolest!! After I built it, I found that the body of the model was the perfect size to fit on a slot car chassis that I had. My grandfather helped me mount the body to the chassis. My grandpa could do anything!!

Anyhow, since then, Vettes have been a passion of mine, but its only been in recent years that I was able to afford one. I really didn't look for my '68, it sort of found me -- coincidence? I think not !!! I do believe in fate!!

Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
Old 09-02-2001, 11:23 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Finished the model/replica of my 68 (LemansBlue68)

LeMans blue 68 convertible......

Did you see this pic of same described car at Carlisle? (not mine!!) This was a PERFECTLY restored car (One of "Chip's Choices") although it has the 435 hp engine. This is what your car can look like when you are finished!! MJ
http://www.corvetteforum.net/c3/mnjack1/carll.jpg

Quick Reply: Finished the model/replica of my 68