C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Call me Bubba (%^&*$&^)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 10:47 AM
Stefan69
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call me Bubba (%^&*$&^)

Alright, this is your occasion to call me names.
Going to Carlisle my '69 was running so hot (sitting in traffic idling) that I decided to turn around and go back home. Sunday I ripped the whole cooling system apart and installed two 12" electric fans instead of the one 14" I used to have. Now I have two- should be enough-right?
Well, the testing in the driveway went nicely. At no point in time she went above 210F. So I drove her to work today. All the way on the freeway she was running at 180F. On the off-ramp the newly installed fans kicked in, because the temp was coming up a little bit. And then the temperature went through the roof. You could see the needle climbing. I made it to the company lot and shut her down. The I watched the fans spinning down. Guess what- I just used the connector from the old fan and on the new ones the polarity was reversed. I was pushing air out the front with the fans, while the wind from driving tried to push the air back in. Who's a :troll ???

I'm so :mad at myself I could just boil along with my car. ut at least I found the problem and it's not mechanical, but human..... :lol:

Stefan
Old 08-28-2001, 10:52 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: Call me Bubba (Stefan69)

At one time or another we all can be called Bubba. :rolleyes:

tom...
Old 08-28-2001, 12:01 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

We all have Bubba Gump Moments :troll
Old 08-28-2001, 12:03 PM
Stefan69
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Call me Bubba (Alwyn678)

Stefan
We all have Bubba Gump Moments :troll
Well, I thought I was perfect. There goes that myth.... :D
Old 08-28-2001, 12:27 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This winter I replaced my power steering lines and hooked them up backwards. Almost broke my wrist reaching in and starting the car. The steering wheel violently moved from side to side. Spent $250 for a new control valve , still didn't work then my wife suggest hooking the line up backwards, studied a drawing and sure enough. My mistake beat yours and cost me the $250. Trade you mistakes
Norval

Get notified of new replies

To Call me Bubba (%^&*$&^)

Quick Reply: Call me Bubba (%^&*$&^)