C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats again. How wide can they be

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Hvymtlc5
Melting Slicks

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

What about these? Not sure of the dimensions... but maybe someone has used them or measured them They're $139/ea from Checker auto parts.
I have those seats in my Neon...they are tall and wide. Bolsters do hit the door panels (but they can be bent in to adjust - which I did). They do recline forward and back and do have lever adjustment not turn wheel. They are very comfortable, but sit an inch or so higher than stock. YOu can get them on ebay for 200.00 shipped per pair.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hvymtlc5
I have those seats in my Neon...they are tall and wide. Bolsters do hit the door panels (but they can be bent in to adjust - which I did). They do recline forward and back and do have lever adjustment not turn wheel. They are very comfortable, but sit an inch or so higher than stock. YOu can get them on ebay for 200.00 shipped per pair.

The bolsters themselves bend? That doesn't sound supportive. What if the driver is a big guy? Going around a corner...wouldn't the bolsters give to his girth?
Old 12-07-2006, 01:35 PM
GasketDude
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't someone use Pont Grand Prix leather seats? Their electric and have seat heaters installed (good for cold weather use).
Old 12-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Originally Posted by GasketDude
Didn't someone use Pont Grand Prix leather seats? Their electric and have seat heaters installed (good for cold weather use).

I would think they would be too wide. Anyone?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:50 PM
84rzv500r
Drifting

width is important but Watch the height at the front of the seat. You may not be able to get your legs between the seat and the wheel without tilt and tele!! Especially the Stock wheel.

IMHE
Old 12-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

I think it would be a good idea for someone to compile a list of favorable aftermarket seats that will fit in a C3. I've heard of a lot that will, and a few that are close, but just a little to big. That would be a good resource for someone looking to upgrade the seating.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:50 PM
mkflanagan
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Durango_boy
I think it would be a good idea for someone to compile a list of favorable aftermarket seats that will fit in a C3. I've heard of a lot that will, and a few that are close, but just a little to big. That would be a good resource for someone looking to upgrade the seating.
That would be great!!I have looked at all kinds of seats.I pondered the miata seats prett hard but I need something with holes or a headrest to run my shoulder harness through.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mkflanagan
That would be great!!I have looked at all kinds of seats.I pondered the miata seats prett hard but I need something with holes or a headrest to run my shoulder harness through.

Cavalier / Sunfire seats have the plastic seatbelt pass through loop, and they are comfy, but I think they are a few inches too wide.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:11 AM
84rzv500r
Drifting

If its above freezing tomorrow I'm gonna test fit my new Ultrashield Rally Sports

Quick Reply: Seats again. How wide can they be