C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil leak help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:00 PM
m and t's77
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Oil leak help.

I've finally narrowed down a pesky oil leak on the vette.After changing the fuelpump gasket and then the valve cover gaskets it appears the leak is coming from what looks like the fuel pump mounting block that bolts to the block and the pump bolts to that.Does anyone know what the technical name is and if possible a fel-pro,napa,...etc part number.
Thanks
Mike
Old 01-03-2007, 06:26 PM
marshrat99
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm understanding correctly then what you need is a gasket for your fuel pump mounting plate. The plate is mounted between your block and fuel pump. The gasket goes between the plate and the block.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:59 PM
m and t's77
Melting Slicks

Yes that is correct.Took awhile for it to finally be spotted as the leaks from above didn't help matters.At idle its ok,but a quick blast down the road with some pressure bult up she leaks good.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 257 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by marshrat99
If I'm understanding correctly then what you need is a gasket for your fuel pump mounting plate. The plate is mounted between your block and fuel pump. The gasket goes between the plate and the block.
As I recall, at least 2 of the bolts go all the way through so you need to use thread sealant on the bolts or the oil will leak out the threads.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:16 PM
DR.Jay
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have the PCV system installed on the car? If it is on the car, I will suggest that you check the PCV system to be sure it is working properly. A faulty PCV system can cause high crank case pressure to build, which in turn will casuse gasket failure. Be sure to check the PCV valve to see that it rattles. Also check the vacume lines in the PCV system for restrictions.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:49 PM
m and t's77
Melting Slicks

Yes pcv system is intact and its not clogged,the engine was swapped at some point in its life and slowly but surely i'm fixing all of "bubba's" mistakes.When I do the job i'll use lock-tight for sure.

Get notified of new replies

To Oil leak help.

Quick Reply: Oil leak help.