C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68 exhaust/muffler hanger???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 07:26 PM
ranyea
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 68 exhaust/muffler hanger???

Have a 68 conv. The muffler/exh. hanger that holds the front of the muffler up broke off. It wraps around the u-clamp and has an L bracket that bolts under the car in front of the gas tank. It looks like an original part but i cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone have any idea where to buy this or if they make something to replace it with.??? Forgot to mention that i have dynomax mufflers and an aftermarket exhaust w/ hooker headers........

Last edited by ranyea; 01-13-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:19 AM
70/LS/6
Intermediate

The only bracket (that I know of) is located at the rear of the
muffler.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:21 AM
70/LS/6
Intermediate

Old 01-13-2007, 09:55 AM
kb2fzq
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ranyea
Have a 68 conv. The muffler/exh. hanger that holds the front of the muffler up broke off. It wraps around the u-clamp and has an L bracket that bolts under the car in front of the gas tank. It looks like an original part but i cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone have any idea where to buy this or if they make something to replace it with.???
I know what you're saying and I don't think they are original, but in some cases are necessary....I put DynoMax on my car, and even tho they said they were a dead match for the original.....the rear outputs were wrong...centered not offset...or offset not centered, don't remember, but wrong none the less...
Well, I made them work, but the input sides sag, no matter how I connect them, or tighten them, so a hanger will be necessary, and I plan on using just universal hangers from Advanced Auto...how I will do it...dunno....summer project....hope this helps...good luck

Last edited by kb2fzq; 01-13-2007 at 09:58 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 68 exhaust/muffler hanger???

Quick Reply: 68 exhaust/muffler hanger???