C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearence question

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 03:27 AM
smiley100
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearence question

Just had a proffessional 4 wheel alignment done after rebuilding the rear end to include new trailing arms. While at the shop i noticed the clearence between the rear tire/wheel from the trailing arm where the emergency brake cable is connected with the mickey mouse clip was only about 1/4". What should the clearence be from this bracket on the t-arm to the tire/wheel? Thanks.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:05 AM
smiley100
6th Gear

I failed to mention it has the original wheels and standard T-arms. On the right rear the wheel weight had hit the mickey mouse clip and broke it. Any help would be great.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Ray Y
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

There seems to be a lot of set up factors outside of an alignment that can impact the clearance. Scroll down to 1-09-07 and find a thread titled "255/60/15 not fitting on rear..." probably a good starting point.

Good luck.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:01 AM
smiley100
6th Gear

Just read the thread you requested it seems his trouble was with the spring hitting. I read another post where someone cut the e-brake clips off the side and mounted on top and rerouted e-brake cable. Looks like that may be an alternative. Spacers might be easier to get the clearance. When i left the shop the car was still up on the lift, so i haven't seen it on the ground after suspension is settled to see if the tire/wheel gained any clearance. One thing we did was to remove the weights and balanced tires using the inside the rim stick on weights. This give me a 1/4" max clearance. I'm still concerned as the tire flexes it will hit again possibly. Any more ideas??

Get notified of new replies

To Clearence question

Quick Reply: Clearence question