C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Cooling Perfection Achieved

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:45 PM
aussiejohn
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

turtle,
The last paragraph of your reply, I agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT! My other cars are a 1983 Holden Commodore SLE (308 V8) and a 1987 Holden Camira (think Chev Cavalier, but right hand drive) plus a 1983 BMW R80. By not buying a new car in the last 20 years, I have made a HUGE contribution to the clean air of this planet, air that blows all around the world as it knows no borders.

Sounds like you and I are as one on that topic. I'm coming over there in August 2009 for the Museum Caravan, so look me up and it's my shout for the beer.

Regards from Down Under

aussiejohn
Old 04-05-2007, 10:48 PM
coinwasher
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys, while we are on controllers I just finished my install today with a new dewitts radiator, dual pullers, with two individually controlled spal programable control units. This system has one control unit for each fan hooked up independent of each other. I set the fan next to the top radiator inlet (Fan1) to come on at 50% speed at 160, the next fan (fan2) comes on at 170. fan 1 & 2 go to full power at 195.
Both fans can be bypassed to full power with an under dash switch. Spals variable controllers can be set to come on at half and full power at any temperature that you want to punch in. The independent nature of this setup should keep me from getting stranded.

Last edited by coinwasher; 04-06-2007 at 06:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Engine Cooling Perfection Achieved