C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Courtesy light timer

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:20 PM
VETTE077
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Courtesy light timer

Does a 77 definately have a courtesy light timer? If so where is it and what does it look like? Can it be bypassed if bad? My lights do not work with a timer now they just go off when you close the door but they come back on again and again.I seen alot of posts about the timer being the problem. Thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Roughrider
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like what happened with my '78 a few years ago. If your car was equipped with the convenience package, you have one. The timer may be in one of two locations...most likely behind your speedometer/tach cluster, but it could be behind the right side of the dash.

It's flat and a bright orange color. I don't think you can bypass it as other items run through it.

Repros are available through most Vette parts houses. Occasionally you'll see a NOS one on Ebay.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Big2Bird
Le Mans Master

Received 1,014 Likes on 808 Posts

If ya find it. Tie the two white wires together to bypass.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:16 PM
VETTE077
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Courtesy Light Timer Draining Battery

The timer on a 77 and some 78's looks like a silver flasher located behind the speedo and tach with a black wire soldered to it for a ground,a orange wire to fuse box,2 white wires connected to a blk/wht wire on the timer and a wht wire connected to the timer.Take the connector with the 2 wht wires and the connector with one wht wire off the timer and they will connect together and bypass the timer and lights will function without delay and no battery drain.

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy light timer

Quick Reply: Courtesy light timer