C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Top Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:46 PM
jwatty
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default T-Top Question

I noticed that the glass t-top (drivers side) on my 82 is starting to separate from the frame at the front just enough where I can see some daylight between the glass and the frame when driving. Does anyone know if this can be fixed by adding weatherstrip glue to the area that is lose or is there something else going on here that needs to be addressed. I didn't want to fill this full of glue only to learn I needed to do something else.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 PM
yoitslikejohn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue on the passenger side of my 77. I haven't done anything about it yet, its towards the back of the list. If anyone else out there has a solution, it would be great to know.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:06 PM
jbowles49
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same thing

I found this on my 80. I used trim adhesive tape to fix it. If there is a better solution I would like to hear it also.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
jwatty
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to a guy on Friday who sales refurbished tops, he said to go to a local windshield shop and ask for "urethane" winshield glue and that should do the job..
Old 10-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Stewart's74
Safety Car

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Yep..3M Superfast Eurathane or Window Weld will work.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:46 PM
cscaffidi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

READ THIS BEFORE YOU GLUE!!! the same thing happened on my 80. i used 2 part epoxy that i squeezed into the gap with a wide tipped syringe. i then carefully used c-clamps with cloth to protect the glass and tightened them very slowly which pulled the frame in and closed the gap...be careful though because i found out the hard way that, while i thought i was pullng the glass to the frame, i actually pulled the frame up toward the glass and now there is a spot toward the front of the door window that does not meet the glass and i cannot adjust the window any higher. so i guess the lesson learned is i would say don't try to close up the entire gap, just fill it with whatever medium you decide to use and only clamp it a little bit to hold it tight while the glue dries. hope this helps...cs

Get notified of new replies

To T-Top Question

Quick Reply: T-Top Question