C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rewiring 1969/Fiber Optic Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 01:08 AM
Mosse57
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rewiring 1969/Fiber Optic Question

Hello everyone!

This winter I'll be installing a complete wiring harness from front to back,including the fibre optics.
I have a question, firstly,how is the fibre optic strand held in, lets say the rear lamp socket, do I crimp it?
Secondly, I'll be open to any hints and tips any of you may have that have done this before, I'm using the harness's from Eagle Wire Products.
Would anyone know what size screw is used to hold the fiber optic lens to the trim plate are?
Sometimes I think I've bitten off more than I can chew with this car!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:47 AM
GunPowder
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mosse57
Hello everyone!

I have a question, firstly,how is the fibre optic strand held in, lets say the rear lamp socket, do I crimp it?
Provided you will purchase a complete harness (not just a repair kit) it is just "plug and play", means the strand plugs into the rear light housing with its own connector. Pretty simple
Old 11-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Mosse57
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The harness assemblies that I bought are complete, and with the fibre optic's.
They came with a brass ferrule and rubber boot, my question is how this go's together,I've figured out that the brass ferrule go's through from inside the light bezel,the rubber boot go's over the strand before it is inserted into the bezel/ferrule.
How is the fibre optic strand held in, do I crimp the ferrule?
My car was missing all the fibre optics stuff, including the correct shift plate and trim plate, lens ect, so I'm starting from scratch!
Has anyone else done this before?
These are expensive parts, and I don't want to damage anything!
Thanks to one and all for any help in clearing this up in my mind,as clutterd and messed up as it is!
Old 11-02-2007, 03:14 PM
1Fordman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The brass ferrule on the wire harness end goes into the fiber optic lens on the lamp and the rubber boots on each end lock onto each other. The headlamps don't have the ferrule and boot, the fiber optic cable is crimped into the headlamp wire connector

Get notified of new replies

To Rewiring 1969/Fiber Optic Question

Quick Reply: Rewiring 1969/Fiber Optic Question