C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need AC system pictures or diagram

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:27 PM
neuroclast
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need AC system pictures or diagram

Just got a complete AC system from another forum member, but I have no idea how the brackets and everything are mounted or where. My Haynes doesn't show it either. Can anyone provide some pictures of the AC system or diagrams?

Thanks!
-Josh
Old 11-02-2007, 08:26 PM
jnb5101
Le Mans Master

Received 100 Likes on 92 Posts

if you're installing an a/c unit in a non-a/c car, you shoul get an aim (assembly instruction manual) from ebay or one of the suppliers. there's a lot of things that have to be changed. the repair manuals do not cover assembly or details on how the car is put together.
jeff
Old 11-02-2007, 08:30 PM
neuroclast
Pro

Originally Posted by jnb5101
if you're installing an a/c unit in a non-a/c car, you shoul get an aim (assembly instruction manual) from ebay or one of the suppliers. there's a lot of things that have to be changed. the repair manuals do not cover assembly or details on how the car is put together.
jeff

It had AC so that's not a problem, it was just removed before I got the car so I don't know how the brackets go back in. Also I just found out I have no idea if I need an A6 or A4 compressor, how the hell do you tell?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Artsvette73
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

79 would have the R4
Old 11-03-2007, 08:58 AM
bigbird3533
Heel & Toe

Eckler's (www.ecklers.com) sells both the Assembly Manual and an Index for it. Assembly manual part # is 38156 and the index's part # is 38157. The Assembly Manual will have blowups of the whole A/C system. Money well spent for both this and future projects.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by defsegx
My Haynes doesn't show it either.
There's your problem. Get the real GM service manual from eBay or the original supplier, Helm Inc. Good used copies are usually relatively inexpensive on eBay. Helm is more expensive, but you don't have to wait for a copy to show up.

Get the AIM, too. Available from all of the major Corvette parts vendors (and probably eBay, too).

Get notified of new replies

To Need AC system pictures or diagram

Quick Reply: Need AC system pictures or diagram