C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

popping on deceleration....Lars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Young69Owner
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan, were you at the meeting? If you guys work on the car, I'd like to help. I know just enough to be dangerous. Also, a guy from the route 301 gatherings did my timing in less than a minute. I would have lent you guys my timing light if I had read this earlier.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:24 PM
coinwasher
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Young69Owner
Dan, were you at the meeting? If you guys work on the car, I'd like to help. I know just enough to be dangerous. Also, a guy from the route 301 gatherings did my timing in less than a minute. I would have lent you guys my timing light if I had read this earlier.
Did not make the meeting, been working on finishing up the Cobra lately.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 PM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 431 Likes on 309 Posts

Ok got back on timing this thing tonight and I definitely think we're making some progress in the right direction. Per Lar's paper, I got an Mr Gasket kit for HEI and installed the 2 gold springs to the centrifugal advance and set the timing to 36 total at about 2600 rpm. It fell right where I was hoping it would at idle, 18 degrees, perfect according again to Lars's paper. Not only that but vacumn has gone up from 12 to as high as 17. Also, the car would never restart after shutting it off an trying to restart immediately, unless you gave it a shot of gas. Now it does it every time. The only bad part is it's a cold rain outside so a test drive will have to wait for a nicer day. I do have one question though that I'm 99% sure I know the answer to. Is my vacumn advance hooked up to a ported source as I suspect. The first pic shows where it is hooked up dead center in the picture, and the second shows again in the dead center where the vcaumn cap is, where I'm guessing it should be hooked up. BTW, the only downfall I can find so far is the cam doesn't sound as aggesive anymore. Oh well!

Quick Reply: popping on deceleration....Lars?