C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T Top fit problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:39 AM
srlove
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Top fit problem

I recently bought a 71 coupe that has t top fit problems. Drivers side door cant be closed with the window rolled up completely ( must be down 1/2 inch) otherwise the glass clangs against the parallel metal strip on the t top. Other side doesn't clang with window all the way up but I get a draft along the top back area unless I leave the window down a little until after the door is closed. I've tried re-seating the T tops but that didn't help. Both t tops seem a little out of square (back ends protrude out a bit) that's noticeable when looking at them from the rear of the car. The weatherstripping itself appears newer and I don't think thats my problem.

How can I fix these fit problems????
Old 03-03-2008, 06:13 AM
sgm2004
Instructor

srlove, you need to remove the door panel and ajust the window stops in the guide rails. Best way to do it is get a factory assembly manual. It tells you how to ajust just like they did on the assembly line. Hope this helps.

sgm2004
Old 03-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

srlove,
SGM is right, having an AIM for your car will help, and it's really worth the money. Also, there was a thread about adjusting the roof panels on this Forum within the last week or two. Worth a search!!!
Regards,
Alan
Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 AM
srlove
Advanced

Originally Posted by Alan 71
srlove,
SGM is right, having an AIM for your car will help, and it's really worth the money. Also, there was a thread about adjusting the roof panels on this Forum within the last week or two. Worth a search!!!
Regards,
Alan
Guy/Steve - my Thanks ...I'll get the manual as well as search the recent threads for now.
Sam

Get notified of new replies

To T Top fit problem

Quick Reply: T Top fit problem