C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for help with rear end squat

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:23 PM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Looking for help with rear end squat

Yeah, I know you could make a funny reply.
Seriously, I'm looking for any suggestions to help stop the rear from squatting as much on acceleration.
Part of it may be the camber change, which lets the tires rub on the fenders insides-(we don't wanna radius the wheel wells). I already went with adjustable strut rods and the new bracket with a lower pivot point. Also switched to a VB & P. 330# rear spring. Anybody got some suggestions or hints? Taller snubbers, etc????
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MassVette; 04-11-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Stiffer rear spring and adjustable rear shocks. Call me if you would like to talk about it.

Dan
Old 04-11-2008, 05:00 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

I agree, 330lb is still pretty light rate. Also, you can use some longer stubbers but you don't really want to be banging them all the time so stiffer spring and better shocks. I personally recommend QA1s.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:29 PM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MassVette
Yeah, I know you could make a funny reply.
Seriously, I'm looking for any suggestions to help stop the rear from squatting as much on acceleration.
Part of it may be the camber change, which lets the tires rub on the fenders insides-(we don't wanna radius the wheel wells). I already went with adjustable strut rods and the new bracket with a lower pivot point. Also switched to a VB & P. 330# rear spring. Anybody got some suggestions or hints? Taller snubbers, etc????
Thanks in advance.
I would say, Through salt in the ring like those SUMOs.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe a dragvett setup? Are you talking rear end squat on the drag strip or on the street or both? I have heard before that the dragvett setup helps with the squat problem but is not the best for the street. I have personally never seen one.

-Justin
Old 04-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Jim_Harrison
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Squating so much that the tires rub means to me, that something is wrong. I've never liked the VB composite springs, had one an 80 Vette and it wasn't stiff enough. Bet if you put your steel spring, if it isn't damaged or worn out, back on it will be much better. I have the TRW composite spring and have run 3 different types of shocks with 295/35/17 super sticky Hoosiers never a problem.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:51 PM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the help, guys.
I'm gonna try a stiffer spring and adjustable shocks with taller snubbers for starters. Thanks again!
Old 04-14-2008, 05:02 PM
BTAL
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Just today, I installed the VB&P 330# spring and Bilstein's and am setting exactly level - 29" at all 4 fender well arches on stock rims and 255/60/15s. When I test drove it, didn't feel any significant rear squat and definitely no tire rubbing. Whats the angle of your half shafts look like when setting still?

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for help with rear end squat

Quick Reply: Looking for help with rear end squat