C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68 - 69 Wiper actuator question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default 68 - 69 Wiper actuator question

OK, the first Actuator I ordered (GM Restoration Part) came in and you just about had to stand on the thing to make it move. The manual says to just use a screw driver and push it out. Sent it back.

Yesterday I received one from Ecklers (Same GM Restoration Part brand) and it's pretty tough to push out also. I had to insert a 3/8" extension and push down on it against the ground to get it moving.

Is this right? Also the finish on these aren't that good. The one I received yesterday had a 1/2" blemish on the top side.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:54 AM
StickShiftCorvette
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My '69's is original and moves easily - but it was first operated in August of '68!

I would apply vacuum and see that it moves with just a few inches of mercury (in Hg). If it takes more than 5" Hg, I would suspect you have a problem.

Good Luck!!
Old 04-13-2008, 04:27 PM
AndersT
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I´ve just installed a new actuator from Zip (same GM restoration part brand) and it was just as tight as you describe.

I couldn´t move it an inch without using heavy tools, but I installed it and testet it....- and it worked

Apparently the new products are much more tigth than the original style products.

Last edited by AndersT; 04-13-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 68 - 69 Wiper actuator question

Quick Reply: 68 - 69 Wiper actuator question