C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Buyer Beware Showcarsbodyparst.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 11:38 PM
GrtDanes
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Buyer Beware Showcarsbodyparst.

Well as you all know its been 5 months of bull**** on this L88 hood i bought from these guys..Took 31/2 months to get it cracked.3"to long and the right side wraped all along..Also where they clamp it on to the hood latch it stuck up about 1/4 inch.Anyways was sent bk because of the help from my club members,and now im running 5 months plus.Called him 2nite and left message.emailed and asked if its been shipped out i want the tracking #..If not I want my refund.Was pretty much ame excuses last week from him and of couse havent heard from him yet,but i just did it tonite,
Well gentlemen Im asking for your help by reminding him of his obligations to his customers,in any way you all feel.Maybe he's forgoten bought this?So please feel free to let him know about his buisness practises.
Thankyou from the bottom of my heart and start ur nasties.send to.
showcars@idirect.com ....
Old 05-07-2008, 05:47 AM
BB72
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Is this the guy between Brockville and Kingston? I think he's in Mallorytown, is that correct? If so he's 30 minutes from me. Let me look him up.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:13 AM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Can't help you with your problem but if you decide to get your hood from another vendor i can tell you that my L88 hood from Ecklers was a bolt on with minimal sanding required.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 AM
GrtDanes
Instructor

Think that might be him BB72..showcars body parts..Yes im going that route from Ecklers..only problem they charge as much 4 shipping as the hood to canada.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:50 AM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GrtDanes
Think that might be him BB72..showcars body parts..Yes im going that route from Ecklers..only problem they charge as much 4 shipping as the hood to canada.
Yeah, I know, they're pricey. But the only thing I had to do to fit my hood was sand down about 1/16 inch from the rear points so they would match the fender perfectly. It was so close I could have bolted it on and, if I didn't point it out to someone, they would never know the difference. Also, the underside of the hood was pretty rough so I sanded it smooth with a reciprocal sander which took a lot of fiberglass away. On a cheaper hood I might not have had the thickness to work with.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:33 PM
GrtDanes
Instructor

my hood was hitting the windsheild.at least 3" to long..where it was clamped on the hood latch stuck up at least 1/4".whole right side was over fender..scoop had 4 cracks in it..Hell id b happy with 1/16 worth of grinding
Old 05-07-2008, 05:56 PM
65-StingRay
Burning Brakes

Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

GrtDanes being a fellow Albertan I feel your pain. You can't just drive down and demand your cash back for a crappy hood.
I order tons of parts stateside but I have a vendor I use 90% of the time because of what I save on shipping and brokerage. Give Corvette Central a call. The way most of these vendors work is they buy and sell parts from each other. Example - on some part orders that arrive for me from CC may be wrapped in another vendor's trade name such as LIC. The L-88 hood you want could be ordered from CC but actually comes to you from Eckler's. Many times there's not even a price difference.
Again being Canadian the advantage from ordering from CC is brokerage and shipping.
Over the last 4 years I have ordered close to 60,000 dollars worth of parts mostly from CC and have saved a ton of money on shipping.
One last example - you order a whole bunch of parts but not all are in stock, your charged one delivery rate (paid when you order) no matter how many times the UPS truck shows up at your door.
Good Luck

65-StingRay
Old 05-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Andy&Kelly
Intermediate

These a$$'s have been ripping people off for years. They started out as glassworks in the 80's then went under a few times always coming back with a new name, but not with any of the previous customers money that was put down on parts. I have dealt once with them, got screwed over a cuda shakerhood (in the end it needed as much work in dollars as it cost me from them) in the 90s, had a customer a recent as 2 years deal with them over a 442 hood. We live about 40 mins from the shop, my customer got fed up calling all the time and started showing up at the business. More than a few times the office said the owner wasn't there, only to be seen running out the back door!!

Andy
Old 05-08-2008, 09:27 AM
GrtDanes
Instructor

well after a few calls and not so nice emails..rob phoned me last nite..says its finished and in the bodyshop for some final whatevers???should b shipped out 2day..not going to hold my breath on this one but we'll see.
Thanks every1..
Old 05-08-2008, 10:44 AM
stinger12
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GrtDanes
well after a few calls and not so nice emails..rob phoned me last nite..says its finished and in the bodyshop for some final whatevers???should b shipped out 2day..not going to hold my breath on this one but we'll see.
Thanks every1..
Didn't he say that you would have it by tomorrow? I think he's playing you again Doug. If I were you, I'd tell him you want your money back and to forget the hood.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:37 AM
GrtDanes
Instructor

Have already kissed it all goodbye Stinger.If anything shows up it'll be a bonus. Im looking around at some others now.But I wont let this lay bk and die either.He's not getting off that easy.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:16 AM
GrtDanes
Instructor

Well they just phoned me again..Hood is on its way..got tracking#...Will see next week how it turns up..But will keep it this time and deal with it myself..Will post again when it gets here boys..Thanks again for all your support.
Doug
Old 05-09-2008, 11:01 AM
luerja
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Show Car Body Parts buys their fiberglass from Vanacor Corvettes. I just spoke to Vanacor yesterday and let them know the ShowCars website has their images on their for fiberglass parts and they told me that showcars buys thier parts fromn Vanacor to sell.

http://www.vanacorvette.com/

Get notified of new replies

To New Buyer Beware Showcarsbodyparst.

Quick Reply: New Buyer Beware Showcarsbodyparst.