C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Brake Booster question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:56 AM
MacVette13
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power Brake Booster question

Hi,
I project to replace my non Power Brake system with a Power Brake system. Steal i bought the MasterCylinder (wich is not the same) and now i have to buy the Brake Booster.
I just want to know if there is a difference beetwen the "push rod" on a non power brake and a Power Brake at the end of the brake pedal.
If i keep my "push rod" from my non Power Brake, do you think it will fit; or i should buy a specific one? thank you for your help...
Old 08-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MacVette13
Hi,
I project to replace my non Power Brake system with a Power Brake system. Steal i bought the MasterCylinder (wich is not the same) and now i have to buy the Brake Booster.
I just want to know if there is a difference beetwen the "push rod" on a non power brake and a Power Brake at the end of the brake pedal.
If i keep my "push rod" from my non Power Brake, do you think it will fit; or i should buy a specific one? thank you for your help...

You won't need to reuse that rod. The new booster has it's own threaded pedal rod, and the clevis threads onto it like your current one. You will pin that clevis to the lower hole on the pedal.

You will also have to modify your firewall to accept the four stud power booster, instead of the 2 stud stock manual master.

Last edited by Durango_Boy; 08-06-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:03 AM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi,
Er uh, It would be helpfull if we know what year we are talking about and what parts you bought. We dont have chrystal *****, well some of us do.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:32 AM
MacVette13
Advanced

Great
this is exactly what i expected. Sorry but when you say i have to modify the Firewall, what do you mean by modify. I saw 4 bolts on my firewall. I have to cut the firewall??
For information, my car is C3 from 1975
Thank for your answers

Last edited by MacVette13; 08-06-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great
this is exactly what i expected. Sorry but when you say i have to modify the Firewall, what do you mean by modify. I saw 4 bolts on my firewall. I have to cut the firewall??
For information, my car is C3 from 1975
Thank for your answers

Can you take and post a picture of your firewall and stock master?

Your stock master should have two studs coming out of the firewall. The new booster that goes in it's place at the firewall will have four studs, and a main body hole centered in the four studs. Your stock master has the body hole between the two. Converting usually means that you need to drill a new body hole lower down, and drilling to new stud holes for the extra two studs.

I just may be wrong about your year though so pictures would help a lot.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:22 AM
MacVette13
Advanced

Ok, I wil try to take some picture of my firewall

Get notified of new replies

To Power Brake Booster question

Quick Reply: Power Brake Booster question