C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel filter on Edelbrock 8867?? On 72 vette

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:46 PM
saiguanas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel filter on Edelbrock 8867?? On 72 vette

Okay, I have a 1972 vette with a 350 that has an edelbrock 8867 carb. The haynes manual (aka toilet paper) says that the fuel filter is in the line where they fuel line goes into the carb. It's not on this one....any ideas where it may be?
Old 11-02-2008, 11:21 AM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,926 Likes on 1,931 Posts

(Edelbrock 8867 does not show as a valid or current carb number for an EDL carb...)

First, there has never been a 72 Vette with an in-line filter prior to the carb - all stock Vettes with Q-Jet carbs use an in-carb filter.

Since your EDL carb is not original to the car, the fuel filter can be located anywhere the installer decided to put it. Some people put them back by the fuel tank or just before the fuel pump (both bad ideas with a mechanical pump system). Other people simply don't install a filter at all. With your aftermarket carb and a custom install, you'll have to look at the fuel line all the way back to the tank to see where the last guy decided to put the filter, providing the carb does not have an in-carb filter (most EDL carbs don't).
Lars
Old 08-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Don in Dallas
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a 78' Vette with a Edelbrock carb with the number 8867.. Can't find the other number that will tell me the CFM ... any ideas. Someone said it was on the base of the front of the carb on the drivers side ... not on mine!
Old 08-18-2015, 12:16 PM
Jebbysan
Dr. Detroit
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,892 Likes on 2,564 Posts

Originally Posted by Don in Dallas
I just bought a 78' Vette with a Edelbrock carb with the number 8867.. Can't find the other number that will tell me the CFM ... any ideas. Someone said it was on the base of the front of the carb on the drivers side ... not on mine!
On carb base in the very front....pass side there is a number.
4 digit.......like 1406 or 1407......

Like this:
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To fuel filter on Edelbrock 8867?? On 72 vette

Quick Reply: fuel filter on Edelbrock 8867?? On 72 vette