C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1981 corvette, problem with brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 07:53 AM
ufvj217
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BassCat
It's fixed and your dad can drive it. That's what counts. We were just telling you some of our experiences with the brakes on these old cars. It'll probably be fine for a long time. I would watch those other two calipers for leaks though. After sitting for such a long time, they probably will start leaking, sooner or later. We've all been in that position of needing something fixed yesterday and not having the time or equipment to do the job yourself. It happens. Now enjoy that sucker!
KC
i agree. the price was already jacked up high enough, so i just wanted to get it fixed. soon we will replace all 4 rotors, and the other 2 (passenger side) calipers. everything will be brand new at that point.

then theres all the other little things that need to be done, weather stripping, were gonna get new carpet, redo the seats etc..the body is good with the exception of a couple scratches here and there.

i want to put an exhaust on it too. my friend has a dakota r/t with the 360 and has a flowmaster on his truck with side pipes and its loud and sounds clean. i think i want to do side pipes on the vette too. we will see though.

next brake job i will do myself for sure, but ive never done brakes, and i wouldnt have had enough time either way since i waited until the 23rd to take it to get fixed
Old 12-25-2008, 07:57 AM
ufvj217
Heel & Toe

this is how i want to do the exhaust

Old 12-25-2008, 09:06 AM
BassCat
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post some pictures when you get a chance.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:20 AM
ufvj217
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by BassCat
Post some pictures when you get a chance.
ill take a few today. friday we're gonna get a new battery for it, i threw in an old battery that will start with a jump but wont hold its charge so it was good enough just to get it home.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:21 PM
ufvj217
Heel & Toe

notice the weather stripping on the passenger t top....thatll be the next thing to get replaced. like i said theres alot of little things but as far as running, it runs pretty good for been sitting for 4 years, after we change oil and all fluids it should be just fine. only has 38k original miles.

Quick Reply: 1981 corvette, problem with brakes