C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

82 Vette Driveshaft Question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 01:08 PM
Strike3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 82 Vette Driveshaft Question.

Can anyone tell me the exact ligenth of a 1982 Corvette driveshaft. I'm trying to buy one from a salvage yard and they have them all piled up with no identification as to what they are far, other than a Corvette. The man said he was sure there was an 82 (or 2) in the pile but the only way to tell one from another is to measure the ligenth. If anyone knows, or can measure their 82 I would appreciate the measurement and where (how) it was taken (ie; over-all not including the yoke, center to center on the u-joint bearing bores.). I appreciate any help. This is a unique driveshaft, not interchangeable with any other year, as far as I know. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2002, 01:55 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: 82 Vette Driveshaft Question. (Strike3)

26.5" as measured below.

Old 01-27-2002, 02:52 PM
Strike3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: 82 Vette Driveshaft Question. (Monty)

I am forever in your debt!!!! That's a beautiful picture and tells it all. I've been trying to print it out but no matter how I've tried so far, I only get the left 3/4's of the picture. Is there any way to copy this thing down to my hard drive and print it out from there??
Thanks again!!!
Old 01-27-2002, 03:02 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: 82 Vette Driveshaft Question. (Strike3)

Just 'right click' on the picture, "Save Picture As...' and save it to your computer. Then open it up in whatever photo editing tool you have, MS Photo Editor, Photoshop,etc. You can then resize it if you need to.

Get notified of new replies

To 82 Vette Driveshaft Question.

Quick Reply: 82 Vette Driveshaft Question.