C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***I need your help, AUTO-TO-MANUAL. Where does the shifter rod come through?***

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 06:25 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 93 Posts

Default ***I need your help, AUTO-TO-MANUAL. Where does the shifter rod come through?***

Hello everyone, I've been very busy and this thing is getting together fast, I can assure you!!! :lol: Ok, now I could use your wisdom to solve my problem. I got 5-speed Richmond waiting to be installed, since my car came with auto tranny from the factory there is no hole for manual shifter on the floor. Can somebody tell me where should I make this hole, how big it shoul be? Does any of you have pics of one?
TIA Jay
Old 03-22-2002, 11:48 PM
Rockn-Roll
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: ***I need your help, AUTO-TO-MANUAL. Where does the shifter rod come through?*** (groovyjay)

I rebuilt my tranny last year, and mine was an auto to manual conversion; but, I could swear that the manual shift uses the same hole. Isn't the center console the same, except that the auto has the lit PRND21 numbers on it?
Old 03-23-2002, 08:27 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 93 Posts

Default Re: ***I need your help, AUTO-TO-MANUAL. Where does the shifter rod come through?*** (Rockn-Roll)

Rock-n-Roll: Thanks for your input, I guess I'll have to double check this again. I think there is no hole in the floor, but wouln't be the first time I'm wrong! :lol:
Old 03-23-2002, 09:25 AM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: ***I need your help, AUTO-TO-MANUAL. Where does the shifter rod come through?*** (groovyjay)

My '79 was auto to manual, too. I used a Richmond 6 speed, and the shifter came up through the same hole as the auto shifter. Even used the same boot.......good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To ***I need your help, AUTO-TO-MANUAL. Where does the shifter rod come through?***

Quick Reply: ***I need your help, AUTO-TO-MANUAL. Where does the shifter rod come through?***