C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 07:47 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Windows not working

Ok, so I'm changing a fuse in the Toe panel ( for the heater), and now the power windows won't function. I did read the manual which said that the power windows are protected by a breaker. Now, when I turn on the headlights there is a buzzing sound...I traced it to something that looks like a breaker. This thing has two wires comming out of it, and looks like it is suppose to plug into something. I think it is the power window breaker. But, is the power window breaker suppose to plug into something on the toe panel? right now it is just dangling, with a red wire and a tan coloured wire, on this thing it has a male connector. Can't seem to find what it plugs into, if anything. Any thoughts?
Old 04-06-2002, 10:27 PM
Aaron76
Pro

Default Re: Power Windows not working (Dwayne 76)

Take your time and check your wiring diagram they can be a bit tricky but with patience you will find it out. :smash:
Old 04-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Power Windows not working (Aaron76)

Hey Aaron. I went and did what you suggested, but there is no relay in there ( the transmission shifter). Do I need to look at the front of it closer to where the radio is? I've located a picture on the net of the relay, but havn't seen it in there yet. Thanks again!! :cheers:
Old 04-14-2002, 11:33 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Power Windows not working (Dwayne 76)

The windows now work. THe fix was easier then writing this message. It would seem that the sire that connected to the Fuse panel had come loose. In the process I did discover where the relay and circuit breaker was, not all was lost. Anyhow, to all those who offered their assitance, thank you. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Power Windows not working

Quick Reply: Power Windows not working