C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Racing front Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:14 PM
cottoneg
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 120 Posts

Default Corvette Racing front Spoiler

From other posts, I assume FGregg Racing not around anymore. Emails bounced back, but the website was still up www.fgreggracing.com

I am looking for a vendor that sells Corvette L88 FIA Vintage FRONT Racing Spoiler like the one at FGregg Racing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:23 PM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Try Guldstrand. If not PM me. I may be able to give you a lead on a brand new one that may be available.

Last edited by 3JsVette; 01-03-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:59 AM
cottoneg
Drifting

Originally Posted by 3JsVette
Try Guldstrand. If not PM me. I may be able to give you a lead on a brand new one that may be available.
I checked the Guldstrand website. He used to offer it. Now it is gone.
My guess is he used to get it from FGregg Racing and he lost his supplier
Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

PM vintage exotics he might know where you can find what your looking for...
Old 01-07-2011, 02:45 PM
cottoneg
Drifting

There used to be a company that made them called MAS fiberglass in Minnesota. They use to make fiberglass front spoilers. But they are not on the internet anymore.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:43 PM
texas jim
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cottoneg
From other posts, I assume FGregg Racing not around anymore. Emails bounced back, but the website was still up www.fgreggracing.com

I am looking for a vendor that sells Corvette L88 FIA Vintage FRONT Racing Spoiler like the one at FGregg Racing.

Is the reason f/ your wanting a front spoiler due to front-end floating at high speeds, or f/ looks? I'm assuming f/ high speed Front-end floating, as I see that you have a '69 w/ many mods; in ref. to your profile, and no disrespect is intended when I ask if, "it's f/ looks." There is one gentleman who races a number of different year 'Vettes who lives here in Killeen, and I'm more than willing to contact him and ask him about where he gets his front spoilers. Just let me know.
I'm originally from and grew up in Ossining, New York, about 25 to 30 miles north of the Bronx on the Hudson River, my entire family is still there, however now live in Killeen, Texas. Just saw that you were from New York State.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:17 PM
cottoneg
Drifting

Hi texas jim: No disrespect taken. I live in Suffolk County, Long Island. A bit of a haul from where you were and quite a haul from where you are.

As you surmised without it being mentioned, I do run the car in time trials, I have run at Lime Rock, Pocono, and I would love to try Lighting/Thunder bolt in New Jersey (and I miss Bridgehampton Raceway).

The spoiler will serve two purposes. One is obvious; it helps keep the nose stable and help with aerodynamics by not letting air under the car. For this I have thought of using an air dam.

However the huge holes allow the ducting of air to the brakes, which on certain tracks, can build up some heat. I do run SS lines, SS braided lines, Hawk HP pads, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid and L88 calipers with O-Rings pistons and Insulators to help.

I may run the spoiler at track events only as my guess is this is a “disposable” part if run on the street. But I like to hear from others who run front spoilers.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:42 PM
vette427-sbc
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Im working on a new front spoiler for my '69... Its only in a mock up stage right now though. Waiting for my brake ducts to come in before I can start glassing it.

I drove around with this spoiler (more like an air dam) on my car for over a year with only minimal scrapes and no real damage. My car is quite low, so the air dam is only a hair over 3" off the ground:

And if you are looking to race at NJMP soon... Check this out:
http://www.pro-touring.com/showthrea...in-here-please!

Im going to try and make it if I can get my car ready
Old 01-08-2011, 07:40 PM
canuckvetter1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Corvette-L88-FIA-...item4a9f83ff1c

Try this link
Old 01-08-2011, 07:48 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Hi texas jim: No disrespect taken. I live in Suffolk County, Long Island. A bit of a haul from where you were and quite a haul from where you are.

As you surmised without it being mentioned, I do run the car in time trials, I have run at Lime Rock, Pocono, and I would love to try Lighting/Thunder bolt in New Jersey (and I miss Bridgehampton Raceway).

The spoiler will serve two purposes. One is obvious; it helps keep the nose stable and help with aerodynamics by not letting air under the car. For this I have thought of using an air dam.

However the huge holes allow the ducting of air to the brakes, which on certain tracks, can build up some heat. I do run SS lines, SS braided lines, Hawk HP pads, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid and L88 calipers with O-Rings pistons and Insulators to help.

I may run the spoiler at track events only as my guess is this is a “disposable” part if run on the street. But I like to hear from others who run front spoilers.

I`m curious where did you get insulated o-ring pistons? the huge holes in those fancy spoiler duct air toward the brakes but you might be better off ducting the air directly into the center of the rotor...
Old 01-09-2011, 12:58 AM
carbster09
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Default The "look"

Vette 427 sbc,

That look is perfect in my eyes!:thumbs

That is exactly what I am looking for to help cool the beast in Texas. Where did you get the spoiler in the bottom shot? Is it just rubber? I am not sure about the L88 FIA set up but I would try it.

Are you running 17's and 255/50's? Sweet ride

carbster
Old 01-09-2011, 01:11 AM
vette427-sbc
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by carbster09
Vette 427 sbc,

That look is perfect in my eyes!:thumbs

That is exactly what I am looking for to help cool the beast in Texas. Where did you get the spoiler in the bottom shot? Is it just rubber? I am not sure about the L88 FIA set up but I would try it.

Are you running 17's and 255/50's? Sweet ride

carbster
Thanks

I made that spoiler out of fiberglass. It was my first time working with fiberglass, so it didnt come out great (notice all the waves in it), but it works.
The tires are 245/45/17 fronts and 255/50/17 rears
Old 01-09-2011, 09:42 AM
stavanger
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 97 Posts

http://www.acivette.com/aci0011m.htm
Old 01-09-2011, 11:48 AM
cottoneg
Drifting

Originally Posted by redvetracr
I`m curious where did you get insulated o-ring pistons?
I purchased them from Vette Brakes. You buy the pistons with the insulators.

the huge holes in those fancy spoiler duct air toward the brakes but you might be better off ducting the air directly into the center of the rotor...
Correct. You run ducting from the opening and direct the air where you want it. Directly into the center of the rotor is a great place to duct to.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:17 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

I purchased them from Vette Brakes. You buy the pistons with the insulators.
the power of advertising...I guess if VB&P sells them they must be good
Old 01-09-2011, 04:23 PM
cottoneg
Drifting

the power of advertising...I guess if VB&P sells them they must be good
If you race or Time Trail your car, and you have ever overheated your brakes, they maybe work a try.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:45 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

If you race or Time Trail your car, and you have ever overheated your brakes, they maybe work a try.
I don`t do time trials but I have been around a race track a time or two...this is what works for me along with a 4" air duct directly into the center of the rotor and a few other small mods.

Last edited by redvetracr; 01-09-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Racing front Spoiler

Old 01-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Dr L-88
Le Mans Master

Received 1,240 Likes on 457 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Winner - Modified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year (stock)
C2 of Year Winner (stock) 2019
2017 C1 of the Year Finalist

PM sent...............................

Last edited by Dr L-88; 01-10-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:54 AM
cottoneg
Drifting

Originally Posted by stavanger
Thanks for the link. I asked him for pics of his spoilers on cars. I would like to see them installed as it is hard for me to visualize
what they would look like on the car. I also want to know if they will fit a car with my flairs.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 AM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

I don`t do time trials but I have been around a race track a time or two...this is what works for me along with a 4" air duct directly into the center of the rotor and a few other small mods.
Are those the inconel (I think that's what it's called and spelled) insulators? Real J56 stuff? I've never actually seen any J56 stuff in real life.

Sorry for the highjack.

Quick Reply: Corvette Racing front Spoiler