C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Keisler RS 500/600?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Just so everyone's clear, gac7773 is the same poster as APGENE.

Originally Posted by 69ttop502
Bottom line is, if you run your business the right way and treat people right, nothing any competitor can do or say would make any difference, and certainly wouldn't drive you out of business, I mean come on.
That of course is nonsense. All manner of businesses go under despite them making the best decisions possible and treating people the right way. There are inumerable factors affecting the success of a business and many, if not most of them are out of the business owners control. Companies like American Powertrain going from forum to forum and telling potential Keisler customers lies about their product and that Keisler is going to go out of business became a self-fulfilling prophecy and caused large numbers of customers to cancel their orders and make it impossible for Keisler to continue operating. Keisler depended on other companies to make parts for them for their transmissions and those companies couldn't supply the amounts required in a timely manner, that was also beyond Keisler's control. It is dishonest to pretend the failure of this company is solely due to bad decisions by the owner.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:11 PM
AJ123
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bogus
the biggest problem with arguing with idiots is that you have to stoop to their level to prove them wrong... and who ultimately wins at that game?

Judging from the myopia and sheer stupidity in this thread, I am not surprised TKO was forced out of business.
Andy Good quote

Hope people learn the facts and then rationally decide.
The answer more than likely is a combination both factors. Some of us Love Obama Care others hate it. Some say lets wait and see.

We will see soon.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:33 PM
AirborneSilva
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Keisler Automotive
Les,

If the poster was a rational, honest or decent person I would address it, but this poster is not. In fact it is the same filthy scum that I referenced above and in the case Keisler Engineering vs. Gene Charsha whereby the court granted relief to KE for Charsha's loathsome behavior while employed for AP - American Powertrain. The records will be made public soon and you be the judge.

No one stole anything. The company came to a halt for the reasons mentioned. Now the Trustee and I are working to find the buyer to put the assets back to work.
I will be sending an e-mail tomorrow

Last edited by AirborneSilva; 01-20-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:06 PM
diehrd
Safety Car

Received 293 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by AirborneSilva
I don't mean to sound greedy but am wondering where this leaves me, as well as others that have paid full price for their transmissions... As far as I see it I have to start trying to build a bank account to order yet another transmission from someone so I can enjoy my Vette on the highways...
I would file a complaint with the attorney general or try to secure a lawyer for a class action suit personally against the owner and his floundered company. Taking a deposit and using it for items other then the product advertised is illegal in many states. I know in my business I must have an escrow account and list each person who makes a deposit and have a receipt each time I draw on that account that corresponds to parts and business expenses directly related to that persons deposit. ( a huge reason I work with NO deposits ever)

Additionally he may have paid taxes on a system where by he does not pay taxes on deposits until the sale is final , so lets say you dep sept 2013 and he delivers Feb 2014 .. your deposit and sale go on 2014 returns .. If he used any of those deposits on 2013 to operate in 2013 he may have a nice tax issue to answer for..

Or not but I would go after this guy like a smart bomb on a terrorist . . .
Old 01-20-2014, 08:43 PM
AirborneSilva
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by diehrd
I would file a complaint with the attorney general or try to secure a lawyer for a class action suit personally against the owner and his floundered company. Taking a deposit and using it for items other then the product advertised is illegal in many states. I know in my business I must have an escrow account and list each person who makes a deposit and have a receipt each time I draw on that account that corresponds to parts and business expenses directly related to that persons deposit. ( a huge reason I work with NO deposits ever)

Additionally he may have paid taxes on a system where by he does not pay taxes on deposits until the sale is final , so lets say you dep sept 2013 and he delivers Feb 2014 .. your deposit and sale go on 2014 returns .. If he used any of those deposits on 2013 to operate in 2013 he may have a nice tax issue to answer for..

Or not but I would go after this guy like a smart bomb on a terrorist . . .
This is all frustrating a scarey for me, I'm scared I will lose all my money on one hand but on the other I'd be willing to work with someone, the trustee or whomever to gt my tranny, even if I have to pay a bit more for someone to finish it up, I just want my parts to include trans and shifter, I can do without the drive line as I know a good shop where I can get it done at a reasonable price. I just don't want to loose all my money and have to start over, it there's a way for some or all the money I have paid to be put towards another kit I would have no problem thoroughgoing more money into it to make it right. I just want a kit that will work good for my setup and the sonner the better as I have all the other parts I needed to get this job done, just need the trans now.

Sorry I hope all that makes sense, I just want to work this out to the 1of everyone, I don't believe that we all have to loose, yes maybe we will have to loose to a degree but not 100%....
Old 01-20-2014, 09:18 PM
noonie
Race Director

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AirborneSilva
This is all frustrating a scarey for me, I'm scared I will lose all my money on one hand but on the other I'd be willing to work with someone, the trustee or whomever to gt my tranny, even if I have to pay a bit more for someone to finish it up, I just want my parts to include trans and shifter, I can do without the drive line as I know a good shop where I can get it done at a reasonable price. I just don't want to loose all my money and have to start over, it there's a way for some or all the money I have paid to be put towards another kit I would have no problem thoroughgoing more money into it to make it right. I just want a kit that will work good for my setup and the sonner the better as I have all the other parts I needed to get this job done, just need the trans now.

Sorry I hope all that makes sense, I just want to work this out to the 1of everyone, I don't believe that we all have to loose, yes maybe we will have to loose to a degree but not 100%....
I suggest you seek the advice of a lawyer, least a free initial consultation.
He may be able to convince you that you will get NOTHING if the bankruptcy is allowed to be completed.
Once that happens Kiesler nor the new owner or buyer of any assets owe you absolutely nothing.
And the bankruptcy will be completed as long as creditors like yourself don't file any opposition with the bankruptcy court.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:24 PM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 855 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by Priya
Just so everyone's clear, gac7773 is the same poster as APGENE.

That of course is nonsense. All manner of businesses go under despite them making the best decisions possible and treating people the right way. There are inumerable factors affecting the success of a business and many, if not most of them are out of the business owners control. Companies like American Powertrain going from forum to forum and telling potential Keisler customers lies about their product and that Keisler is going to go out of business became a self-fulfilling prophecy and caused large numbers of customers to cancel their orders and make it impossible for Keisler to continue operating. Keisler depended on other companies to make parts for them for their transmissions and those companies couldn't supply the amounts required in a timely manner, that was also beyond Keisler's control. It is dishonest to pretend the failure of this company is solely due to bad decisions by the owner.
Nonsense huh. Do you honestly think with the sales that they supposedly generated, that they would have gone out of business with a sound operation. Try getting on this forum and spread rumors about Dewitts and see how far you get ruining their business. It wouldn't work. Why? Because they have a flawless record of success in customer service and product. Keisler, well if you have been around awhile, you will see that they have been very sketchy in this area for a long time.

The only reason people cancelling their orders had anything to do with Keisler going belly up, is because they had already spent those customers deposits and up front money on units already delivered or in the pipeline. And that is a poor way to do business and is nothing more than the same principle as a Ponzi scheme. Bring more and more deposits in to pay the bills but not acquire product to complete the transmission.

500,000-1,000,000 in assets and between 1,000,000 and 10,000,000 in liabilities. Do you think that happened overnight, or by people cancelling orders. I think not. As for the companies not being able to supply Keisler in a timely manner, would you supply them if they couldn't pay you? Doubt it. And by looking at those numbers on the balance sheet, this has been going on for a long time.

Last edited by 69ttop502; 01-20-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:47 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

This argument just keeps going around and around and had been repeated in multiple places in the forum.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Keisler RS 500/600?