C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

`1979 Cruise issue...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 09:38 PM
toyvet1
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default `1979 Cruise issue...

I have a 1979 the the cruise control seems to let the speed float. It will float between 5 mph of what is set for. It normallt drops about 5 mph when set then recover to the set speed and continue the cycle. It is really smppth and if you didnt look at the speedo you wouldnt know it was happening.

Both cables are brand new and the transducer is about 3 years old. The speedo needle is smooth from 0 to XXX so i dont think the cables are the issue.

Is there any adjustments on the transducer that might correct this , Ivwe already worked with the orfice coming out the side of the transduce and dont get results.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 11:11 PM
drwet
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 418 Posts

I think there is an adjustment for that on the cruise control unit. I adjusted mine many years ago and solved the same problem. The information is in the factory service manual. I don't remember the details. Check your service manual. Its in there.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:20 AM
79L48
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a rod that can be adjusted at the transducer and there is some fine adjustment at the unit itself. There are several pages on it in the GM shop manual.

Get notified of new replies

To `1979 Cruise issue...

Quick Reply: `1979 Cruise issue...