C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bee Jay's light weight master cylinder brake mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 09:26 AM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,331 Likes on 1,059 Posts

I was wondering what happened to Bee Jay and the yellow vette after the a-arm frame failed?

I've never understood people that said the brakes don't work! well just fix them. You only have about 6 parts. VB, MC, lines, calipers, pads, rotors. Any defective part and of course the brakes won't work.

I've worked on vettes that were unsafe to drive. Internally rusted brake lines and warped rotors causing airation (sp?) leaking calipers are big on the list. You have to dial in run out even on new rotors.

I don't have HB and never felt the need to install it, but when I had stock brakes I used the best carbon metalic pads and 580 degree fluid and I never had a failure raising Cain on the streets even with wide sticky tires. 275 fronts 335 rears. I could see blue smoke in my rear view mirror and black stripes on the road when I stomped on the brakes at 140 mph Or going into a turn and trying the late braking I would see blue smoke coming off my inside front tire when it became unloaded.

So the stock system does work. HB does increase the line pressure, but weak link then becomes the pad compound, surface area, and the rotors ability to dissipate heat

Last edited by gkull; 11-02-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Bee Jay's light weight master cylinder brake mod