C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

82 Clear LED Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 02:57 PM
fitter
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 82 Clear LED Tail Lights

Just recently ordered and installed Clear LED Tail Lights from United Pacific Industries. The installation was quick and painless, but all I can get to work is the parking lights and brake lights. I ordered their 2 terminal flasher and installed it, but can't get the turn signals to work. Am I missing something? When plugging the flasher in, I noticed another flasher on the bottom right corner of the fuse block. What is that flasher for? Do they both need to be replaced? Anyone seen this before? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Mark Riles
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fitter
Just recently ordered and installed Clear LED Tail Lights from United Pacific Industries. The installation was quick and painless, but all I can get to work is the parking lights and brake lights. I ordered their 2 terminal flasher and installed it, but can't get the turn signals to work. Am I missing something? When plugging the flasher in, I noticed another flasher on the bottom right corner of the fuse block. What is that flasher for? Do they both need to be replaced? Anyone seen this before? Thanks in advance!

The flasher on the fuse panel is for the hazard lights. It will need to be replaced if the hazards are to work properly. What exactly is the flasher they sent you? You need an HD solid state electronic flasher. I believe they sell them at Autozone. Using one of those will allow you to use the LEDs without having to add resistance.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:17 PM
V8Ranger
Instructor

The flasher in the bottom right corner of the fuse block is for the turn signals. I just replaced mine with and electronic unit to work with LED's. The new flasher has a ground wire that must be connected to operate. Also, the flasher has to be the 'reverse polarity' type to work in this car (the X and L terminals reverse of typical).

Carl
Old 03-25-2012, 09:37 PM
fitter
Advanced

Do you know of the part number of the led flasher with reverse polarity and where to get it?
Old 03-26-2012, 08:36 AM
V8Ranger
Instructor

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...r-problem.html

The unit I got was the wrong polarity and I opened it up and changed it (not recommended).

I Googled the p/n and found this one that includes a 'polarity adatper':
http://www.rodworx.com/product.php?item=353

Carl
Old 03-26-2012, 03:40 PM
bluegtp
Drifting

Received 287 Likes on 128 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

How dare you not post some pictures of these!

Get notified of new replies

To 82 Clear LED Tail Lights

Quick Reply: 82 Clear LED Tail Lights