C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No power to A/C

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 06:05 PM
VRGSVET
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to A/C

On my 1980, I'm having problems with the selector switch that you use to select A/C, vent, heat, and defrost. It was working intermittantly and I had to fiddle with it to get the fan to power up. I can't get the A/C to power up at all. The vents change from floor to vent to defrost fine, so I know it's not a vaccum problem. I removed the switch from the A/C control panel and sure enough the little plastic pin that holds it together was broken. I replaced the switch with a replacement from one of the Corvette suppliers, but it does the same thing. I checked for voltage getting to the low pressure switch and there is none. When I jumpered the brown wire to the green wire at the switch, power is fine to the low pressure switch and the throttle solenoid. So, I know the switch is the problem. This is with the new switch installed. Any ideas on how to get that switch to work properly. Or, anyone know of a better quality switch that doesn't have a flimsy plastic pin holding it together?

Quick Reply: No power to A/C