C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

borgeson steering & hydroboost Line

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 02:48 PM
jerome1979
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default borgeson steering & hydroboost Line

I m happy with my hydroboost but not with m'y steering
So i want to install a borgeson steering box
Anyone has made his own line with braided hose from hydroboost and steering box ?

Old 05-29-2012, 06:26 PM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

This was falling down the list so I thought I'd give it a bump for something that sounds like good tech. '
I know you'll find it hard to believe , but most of us dont speak english either, its more of a bastardized version of 3 or 4 languages, french being one of the major ones.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:20 PM
78IndyPace
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jerome1979
Anyone has made his own line with braided hose from hydroboost and steering box ?
Yes. I used this: AQP® High Pressure Hose (Power Steering) by Aeroquip. Hose cover is braided fabric, blue color. Hated the blue, so I used black ink for an inkjet printer to make the fabric black. Used this hose for the high pressure line from the PS pump to the hydroboost and the high pressure line from the hydroboost to the Borgeson box. Could not use it for the low pressure return line from the Borgeson box to the "T" into the PS pump as it would not fit on the "T". So far, so good after about 500 miles. Best price I found was $4.81 per foot, part #FBG-0600 from Murdock Express Hose Center. They also sell the fittings you'll need.

Link: http://aeroquip.cc/aeroquippowerstee...rehosefbg.aspx

Hose assembly instructions are on page 40 of this brochure: http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/publ...pct_338224.pdf
Old 05-30-2012, 01:27 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

I used the lines that came with the HB unit, and the rack, and combined/bent them so to fit fine, been there for years now....

I know you are in France, so it's tougher, but maybe try a junkyard that handles American cars??

Old 05-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

I used the braided stainless Aeroquip parts. Bought them from Summit. Need to order some more for the upcoming rack conversion...

Get notified of new replies

To borgeson steering & hydroboost Line

Quick Reply: borgeson steering & hydroboost Line