C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 350 spark plugs...(NGK/Denso spark plugs)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 07:36 AM
augiedoggy
Safety Car

Received 829 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
I would have bet that AC's would be about the worst. GM no longer makes ANY parts. All are purchased, and most from foreign makers. They no longer care about service part quality; they just want to make profit based on having part sold in a GM or ACdelco box.
GM does still own Delphi thermal systems (formally Harrison radiator that made the Rads in our vettes) for a while there before the "Bankruptcy" they offically broke them off into thier own company separate from GM apparently so GM could buy their radiators and heater cores from overseas... During that time delphi sold to other automakers like foreign ones who actually make the cars here ironically.. After GM was able to cash in on the GOV loan they took back Delphi officially the odd thing though was the employees paychecks still came from GM during the whole thing. At least this is what I was told from a couple different people that work there..

One of them told me a funny story about when they worked there as management in the early 80s and the chevy Nova and toyota corolla came off the same assy line... the toyota was such a hot selling car at the time because of price and hype about them being more reliable that while the novas barely sold the Corollas were selling out... So much so that toyota bought a bunch of the Novas off the lots and ripped the interiors out, replaced them and rebadged them as toyotas... I always found that funny.

Last edited by augiedoggy; 05-13-2016 at 07:42 AM.

Quick Reply: 1969 350 spark plugs...(NGK/Denso spark plugs)