C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chevy Brand Aluminum intake?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 05:05 PM
LoneStarV
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BB2B
I used manifold #3917610 on my 350, no clearance problems. This was stock for 69 z28.
Interesting. Lemme guess? Those are now rare as hen's teeth?
Old 06-20-2013, 07:22 PM
BB2B
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ebay has two, not cheap but available. I thought someone was making a knock off also.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:20 PM
bondoboy
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one of the lt1-z28 intakes on my 71. I believe the part number is different though. It looks like something that was bought over the GM parts counter. It is identical to the original, even has the winters logo. Maybe somebody else on here knows a little more about it. It's a great intake. I have a heat shield with a thick gasket, lt1 filter base, and I believe a 4" filter. It fits very well under the l88 hood. Even with the stock filter, I don't think it would fit under the small block hood. I had a weiand intake when I had the small block hood. It was the shortest intake I could find. The air cleaner lid touched the bowl vents and it just barely cleared the hood. It didn't run the best with the vents blocked like that. A lot of you guys can get different setups to fit under the SB hood and that's cool. There is just so little room to work with.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:10 AM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Well what kinda of intake do u have now? Squarebore, Spreadbore? Divored choke, hot air choke? If u want cool GM for a sb then try a Zora Duntov single plane made by Holley - it has the GM snowflake and uses either squarebore or spreadbore carbs also has an EGR mount. And yes its low profile. Can't recall what choke setup mine has on it.
Or plenty of the late '70s sb model intakes where aluminum but some have no choke provisions and all where for spreadbore carbs. I have a few with the corvette part numbers.

Good luck,
cardo0

Quick Reply: Chevy Brand Aluminum intake?