C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with C3 Search engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 10:13 PM
lonebull
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with C3 Search engine

I would like to research detailed "headers with sidepipes on a 1976 smallblock" using the C3 search engine. I have tried several times & header info hasn't come up once. I see this exact item on page 3- "Headers for a 1976"- but when I type that in the search box even that post doesn't come up. I have a friend up in the northeast who asked me for a little help so I decided to try a search. I know the info is there as I have seen various posts over the years. Can someone tell me how to do a search for this & how to narrow the search to just the C3? My friend has a '76 with sidepipes & he was looking at Hedman-68280 but several on p.3 advise using Hedman 68301 or Summit SUM-G9003. Almost everyone on p.3 commented that installing headers was a simple bolt on but I remember lengthy posts concerning the sidepipe issue. How do I find those posts? I have a '78 with dual exhaust & no experience with Vette headers. Thank you. Lonebull
Old 09-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,138 Likes on 2,069 Posts

believe it or not, the CF search engine doesn't like extremely common or short words.
The best way to find something like that is to bounce out of CF and google it.
C3 headers 1976 corvette sb

Look for an entry that is from corvetteforum (usually the first or second) and at the bottom of that entry there will be three or four other other hits from CF and a link that says "more results from www.corvetteforum.com"
Click that link and you'll find that google will search CF way better for multiple words than the CF search will

If you only want to look at c3 sections (general, tech, etc) alter the google search to look like this

C3 headers 1976 corvette sb site:http://https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3

The site bit with the forums/c3 will keep it only in the c3 sections
HIH
M

Last edited by Mooser; 09-11-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:46 PM
lonebull
Instructor

Thanks Mooser. Works like a champ. I appreciate it. lonebull
Old 09-11-2014, 10:46 PM
brianPA
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Try searching on google.com for your search term and 'c3 corvette' or 'c3 inurl:forums.corvetteforum.com'. Google indexes this site and generally does a better job than the built in search.

EDIT - just saw Mooser beat me to it
Old 09-11-2014, 11:26 PM
lonebull
Instructor

Thanks Brian. Lonebull

Get notified of new replies

To Help with C3 Search engine

Quick Reply: Help with C3 Search engine