C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 09:14 AM
upnorth
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default temp gauge

Car sat all winter . started it , it ran fine at idle. Went to take it in and have new exhaust put in 15 mile drive . About 3 miles car just stopped running and I noticed that the temp gauge was going nuts . Wouldn't start for around 10 minutes . Got it started went about 6 miles did it again , all the way the gauge needed was jumping so much you could hardly see it . Stopped another 3 times before I got to the shop . The guy is working on it now says he thinks its the mod in the distributer . what do you guys think .
Old 04-22-2016, 11:48 AM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,810 Likes on 1,601 Posts

the temperature gauge issue could be a loose connection totally unrelated to the stalling. Assuming you have a 1976 with an HEI distributor it could be the module but it could be other things also. I would first carefully check all electrical connections external of the distributor keeping in mind depending on how and where you stored the car rodents could have been causing damage.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:17 PM
upnorth
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

temp was loose connection . Thought i changed it out years ago but sill had the original mod in distributor . Which took out the rotor and cap .He got it back up and running put about 20 miles on it and it ran fine .

Get notified of new replies

To temp gauge

Quick Reply: temp gauge