C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rev Kit Adapters for SBC retrofit lifters

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 11:47 AM
StraubTech
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by myohpe@gmail.com
BBC lifters are larger diameter. LS1 are shorter, due to a redesigned "dog bone" link.
No sir. SBC, BBC, and LS1 are all .842" diameter. SBC and LS share 2 parts in common, Roller lifters and rod bearings. You can put a late model LS lifter in a 1987 to 1999 GM SBC roller block and vice versa.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:15 PM
myohpe@gmail.com
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by StraubTech
No sir. SBC, BBC, and LS1 are all .842" diameter. SBC and LS share 2 parts in common, Roller lifters and rod bearings. You can put a late model LS lifter in a 1987 to 1999 GM SBC roller block and vice versa.
Didn't you notice where I wrote am using a Gen1 SBC? Pre 1987 engine, that was the whole point in using retro fit lifters. You are discussing lifter applications, but my post was about making these adapters. I just thought this adapter idea might appeal to someone with a Gen1 SBC. I am not concerned with LS engines or BBC. Good day.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:52 AM
myohpe@gmail.com
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

12/07/2017 UPDATE: After 1-1/2 years, and thousands of miles of driving, my lifter adapters are still working perfectly. One lesson learned from this exercise is, there will always be those who doubt your new ideas and are more than happy to point out why they think you are doing the wrong thing. But, as I have learned through a lifetime of hearing from those people, don't let them disuade you from trying a new idea that has been well thought out and executed. I am experiencing daily benefits from these lifter adapters, because they allow me to use the rev kit on my engine. I can easily hit 7000+ RPM without any problems, with hydraulic lifters. The key to this is spreading the spring pressure around, not using stiffer valve springs. The lifters are retained by using a set of springs that have no effect on the lifter's hydraulic assembly, all of the extra spring force is applied to the outer lifter body to keep it in contact with the cam lobe. To any of you who are not using this idea: See you on the street (in my rear view mirror)!

Quick Reply: Rev Kit Adapters for SBC retrofit lifters