C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1981 Wiper Motor Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 12:49 AM
HP Classics
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1981 Wiper Motor Issues

I have read all of the posts on the wiper subject and they have helped but the issues are not quite like mine: When the wipers don't work, if I push in and wiggle the 3 wire connector to the motor, they will start up and work. I have checked all 3 connectors and even made a harness in between to make sure there was a good connection and still the same issues, Is there the potential for something cracked or broken in the board that the connector hooks up to in the wiper motor ?? I did check and ran a separate ground. Pulling my hair out and any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:01 AM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Originally Posted by HP Classics
if I push in and wiggle the 3 wire connector to the motor, they will start up and work......Is there the potential for something cracked or broken in the board that the connector hooks up to in the wiper motor ??
Yes, that would be my bet. If you have good wire connection to the motor and need to wiggle the plug to get it going, you either have a bad connector on the plug harness, or bad connection on (or inside) the motor.

You can check your connections with a continuity gauge to prove one way or another.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:12 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Sounds like you do have a problem with the part that is behind your black cover that the three wire connector connects to....and that is assuming that when you are doing this...for some odd reason....the black ground wire that grounds your wiper motor is then getting grounded.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To 1981 Wiper Motor Issues

Quick Reply: 1981 Wiper Motor Issues