C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't get brakes to work

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 10:55 AM
80-Vette
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I had a similar issue with my car. I bought my car from a guy that had it stored in a garage for 20 years. The car still had the original untouched calipers so I figured the calipers were due for a rebuild. When I took them apart they were so corroded that they needed to be sleeved. Rather than going through all of that I got 4 new calipers and brake pads from Autozone.

Before installing the calipers I replaced all the bleeders with speed bleeders. After putting the new calipers in I was able to bleed all 4 wheels by pressing the pedal. Within a few minutes my brakes were perfect.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:52 PM
kansas123
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Tecdiverfl
+1 for the Motive Bleeder. Tried to bleed mine for days and no pressure. Had rock hard pressure in a few minutes with the Motive Bleeder
Since I have only seen a motive bleeder on utube, how is it that you hook it up to these old style master cylinders such as ours, just in case I decide to try on on my brakes when all this trailing edge stuff is finished. Does it come with a top that matches our MC caps? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Jeff_Keryk
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes it does. Just make sure you cinch it down tight to avoid leaks.

Originally Posted by kansas123
Since I have only seen a motive bleeder on utube, how is it that you hook it up to these old style master cylinders such as ours, just in case I decide to try on on my brakes when all this trailing edge stuff is finished. Does it come with a top that matches our MC caps? Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
kansas123 (11-23-2016)

Quick Reply: Can't get brakes to work