C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

considering front zo6 pipe for my 2000 with corsa sport cat backs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 08:03 AM
bootlegger2000
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default considering front zo6 pipe for my 2000 with corsa sport cat backs?

Morning and Merry Christmas!
I have a 2000 c5. I just bought corsa sport cat back exhaust for it. I was considering a x pipe in front of that but a craigs list guy has a zo6 exhaust from headers back to where the corsa will start. He is telling me the his zo6 pipe has no pre cats as compared to mine which has pre cats and cats?
Does this sound like a good idea ? I have also considered getting the cats removed and an x pipe on mine when corsa is installed. Please let me know what you think the z06 pipe will do compared to cutting cats out? Or should i just get hi flow cats on mine ?
Note i plan on putting cai on and 160 thermostat. thanks for your help. I plan on getting it tuned as well just to let everyone know when you are thinking of the out come.
Jason
Old 12-26-2016, 08:49 AM
96 lt-4
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Try the C5 section for better results.Put the Corsa on and try it as is first.Go 180 on the Tstat.Cats aren't costing you hp at this point.Go with some long tube headers and hi flow cats with an X pipe and mate that to your Corsa exhaust.

Quick Reply: considering front zo6 pipe for my 2000 with corsa sport cat backs?