C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wreck today :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 09:32 PM
Kim Moulton Miller
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 7t9l82
The company that's spokes thing is a lizard. Good luck tomorrow, if they play games call your attorney that's what he's for.make him earn his money.
I don't understand your first sentence.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:40 PM
BlackC3vette
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Kim Moulton Miller
So the Geico claims adjuster (a female) is evaluating car tomorrow. I had it taken to Mullikin's Corvette in Piedmont, SC, and the owner said he could fix it. Crossing my fingers I get enough money to do it right. My friend Greg, keeps telling me to just take money and invest in another one. But I want MINE ! Sooooo....waiting to see. I have such a sentimental attachment I just am devastated. You guys have been so good to me...honest...and haven't led me astray or laughed at me trying to learn more. Thank you!
I guess given enough time, effort and money, just about anything can be fixed. But when it's repaired, will it be aligned and track correctly? Looking at the photo's, that frame has to go on a straightener and it's not cheap. Best of luck with the process.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:09 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by 7t9l82
The company that's spokes thing is a lizard. Good luck tomorrow, if they play games call your attorney that's what he's for.make him earn his money.
I don't understand your first sentence.
It took me a minute. He's just saying your insurance company has a lizard (gecko) for a "spokesperson".

I'm not meaning to pry, but are you feeling better physically? Sometimes the aftermath is worse than the day of the accident. That was certainly the case for me. If you choose to leave that unanswered I'll totally understand.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:15 PM
mortgageguy
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 115 Posts

So the Geico claims adjuster (a female) is evaluating car tomorrow. I had it taken to Mullikin's Corvette in Piedmont, SC, and the owner said he could fix it. Crossing my fingers I get enough money to do it right. My friend Greg, keeps telling me to just take money and invest in another one. But I want MINE ! Sooooo....waiting to see. I have such a sentimental attachment I just am devastated. You guys have been so good to me...honest...and haven't led me astray or laughed at me trying to learn more. Thank you!
I believe Mullikins has a good reputation. I know a guy that let them restore a 54. It is awesome. I would have a serious conversation with him about getting that frame perfectly straight.

Fight the insurance company, don't let them total it. Salvage titles suck. Show them every receipt you have for work performed on the car. It is their clients fault. Make em pay.
The following users liked this post:
Kim Moulton Miller (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 12:19 AM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

That really sucks, hope it all works out.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:02 AM
Kim Moulton Miller
Advanced

Originally Posted by Les
It took me a minute. He's just saying your insurance company has a lizard (gecko) for a "spokesperson".

I'm not meaning to pry, but are you feeling better physically? Sometimes the aftermath is worse than the day of the accident. That was certainly the case for me. If you choose to leave that unanswered I'll totally understand.
Physically I'm beat up...getting MRI on my knee next week. Right upper foot burns on top for some reason, and I jammed my left wrist...of course all back muscles are tight. Thanks for the clarification on the geico joke...my mind is slow these days. . Thank you for asking! Sweet

Last edited by Kim Moulton Miller; 01-21-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:47 PM
BLUE1972
Race Director

Received 1,162 Likes on 741 Posts

The burn on the top of the foot may be a disk pushing on a nerve - I had that issue. This can be fixed with a "quick" surgery. Just be sure it's a GOOD surgeon. Mine was great and the outcome was/ is fantastic.

Don't take the insurance company's word. Check your state laws - you may have to sue the other owner - I did on my truck - I would not let them total it - I've had it from new - born July 18 1979.. It's been repaired and they paid.

Giving you my best. my thoughts are with you.
Kim Moulton Miller (01-22-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 09:04 PM
Kim Moulton Miller
Advanced

Originally Posted by BLUE1972
The burn on the top of the foot may be a disk pushing on a nerve - I had that issue. This can be fixed with a "quick" surgery. Just be sure it's a GOOD surgeon. Mine was great and the outcome was/ is fantastic.

Don't take the insurance company's word. Check your state laws - you may have to sue the other owner - I did on my truck - I would not let them total it - I've had it from new - born July 18 1979.. It's been repaired and they paid.

Giving you my best. my thoughts are with you.
I'm going to try my best!! Thank you!!
Old 01-21-2017, 09:26 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Physically I'm beat up...getting MRI on my knee next week. Right upper foot burns on top for some reason, and I jammed my left wrist...of course all back muscles are tight. Thanks for the clarification on the geico joke...my mind is slow these days. . Thank you for asking! Sweet
You're certainly welcome. My fingers are crossed, hoping that you have no structural issues anywhere. The type of the forces involved in my situation (rear ended with whiplash) were different from yours. However, your back muscles were still torqued in ways they weren't intended for.

Luckily, I already knew the best place for therapy in my area. The deep tissue massages for my mid back up through my neck helped immensely. They went on for several weeks and, at times, they hurt quite a bit but I'm positive that the muscle pain and chronic headaches would have lasted several more weeks without them. It may be worth looking into that if you're in too much pain. I apologize if I'm saying things that you've already taken into account.

It sounds like you're taking all the right steps. Best wishes.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:20 AM
shok
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I use yoga to deal with my back issues and when I occasionally torque something, I won't bore with details but thought it's worth throwing out there.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:19 AM
Kim Moulton Miller
Advanced

Originally Posted by Les
You're certainly welcome. My fingers are crossed, hoping that you have no structural issues anywhere. The type of the forces involved in my situation (rear ended with whiplash) were different from yours. However, your back muscles were still torqued in ways they weren't intended for.

Luckily, I already knew the best place for therapy in my area. The deep tissue massages for my mid back up through my neck helped immensely. They went on for several weeks and, at times, they hurt quite a bit but I'm positive that the muscle pain and chronic headaches would have lasted several more weeks without them. It may be worth looking into that if you're in too much pain. I apologize if I'm saying things that you've already taken into account.

It sounds like you're taking all the right steps. Best wishes.
I am open to all suggestions!! My lower back can't even be touched without hurting. It's very tender. And the burning on top of right foot at base of 3rd and 4th toes is crazy weird and uncomfortable. Still, both of those complaints are minor to my knee pain. . Got hit right on knee and upper thigh. Painful as hell to bend. Thank you for your input!!
Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2017, 11:40 AM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 602 Likes on 488 Posts

Ouch, make sure you track your out of pocket for the medical.

My son was rear ended in Nov. They covered the co-pays for the doctors and two days off work.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:41 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

I am open to all suggestions!! My lower back can't even be touched without hurting. It's very tender. And the burning on top of right foot at base of 3rd and 4th toes is crazy weird and uncomfortable. Still, both of those complaints are minor to my knee pain. . Got hit right on knee and upper thigh. Painful as hell to bend. Thank you for your input!!
Hire a lawyer from a law firm that deals with suing for car crashes. I did and came out pretty far ahead even after the car was fixed.

You don't have to pay anything and if they win ( they usually do if they take a case ) then their fee is taken out of your settlement.

I strongly recommend you do this, you really have nothing to loose. But it only works if you are 100% not at fault for the accident.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:17 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,934 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Based on the photos, the car looks repairable. A photo of the driver's side fender/door alignment will tell a lot about the frame condition. Assuming the driver's side is still aligned, it can be fixed with a modest amount of work - I've fixed them in worse condition that that with no problem. The way the wheel/control arms sheared off backwards it's likely that the frame didn't get bent, which would make it a clean fix. If the frame did move a little, Vette frames pull back out nicely with the proper frame equipment. Problem is going to be the pre-accident Actual Cash Value (ACV) of the car, since they will total it at 80%. I'm seeing about $12K in repair work, and if the ACV is in the mid-teens, you're cutting it close to the total cut-off. But it can be fixed correctly.

Last edited by lars; 01-22-2017 at 09:20 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by lars:
73racevette (02-06-2017), Kim Moulton Miller (01-22-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 12:53 PM
centralcalvette
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you a quick and full recovery. Remember that a claims adjuster is there to save Geico money, not to make you whole or for that matter happy. I also have Gieco, BUT NOT ON MY CORVETTE.

If this is your daily driver, do not make a quick, hasty decision because you need a car to drive. If you're patient, persistent and make educated decisions you will prevail!
Old 02-02-2017, 04:53 PM
Kim Moulton Miller
Advanced

Default Value

Hey guys! So if I were offered $10,600 for vette, is that good? It was totaled. Still have medical claim for knee, wrist, foot and back on a separate claim.

Last edited by Kim Moulton Miller; 02-02-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:06 PM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 602 Likes on 488 Posts

Did that include the engine and trans rebuilds?

Get notified of new replies

To Wreck today :(

Old 02-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Kim Moulton Miller
Advanced

Originally Posted by ddawson
Did that include the engine and trans rebuilds?
I told them my but they didn't ask for receipts.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:36 PM
rberman999
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

The question to be answered is can you buy a replacement car equal to your Corvette for $10,600. The Corvette market is not static, it's dynamic and is constantly changing. The best way to gauge the offer is to gauge the market. Getting the best settlement from an insurance company takes time and work. Someone needs to get educated as to what it will cost to replace your Corvette (you or your attorney?) to have a chance at getting the best settlement. Good luck.
Kim Moulton Miller (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 07:41 PM
7t9l82
Le Mans Master

Received 583 Likes on 462 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I think it's low, can you buy a comperable car in the same basic condition for that money? I don't think so. Tell them to find you a car or fix yours.I agree with getting a lawyer and I agree with Lars as I said before I believe it's fixable. Even if they fix it to the point you have to paint it you may be ahead.
Kim Moulton Miller (02-02-2017)

Quick Reply: Wreck today :(