C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Master Cylinder Seal 1970.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 01:26 PM
PBCloud
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Delco Brake Master Cylinder Seal 1970 Corvette

On the end of the master cylinder sits a round rubber seal 2 1/4" diameter that fits into the recess on the end of the cylinder forming the seal between the master cylinder and the power brake booster. I want to replace as just refurbished the reservoir but having difficulty in finding this part can anyone identify it or know where I can get one?

Kind regards
Paul

Last edited by PBCloud; 03-05-2017 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi Paul,
Take a look at ZIP Products #DB-516.
Is that what you're looking for?
Regards,
Alan
Old 03-04-2017, 02:14 PM
PBCloud
Racer

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi Paul,
Take a look at ZIP Products #DB-516.
Is that what you're looking for?
Regards,
Alan
Thanks Alan, but no its that that one its a rubber seal not foam, I have now attached a photo, you can see the seal hanging off the end.

Kind regards
Paul
Attached Images  

Last edited by PBCloud; 03-04-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:41 AM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by PBCloud
Thanks Alan, but no its that that one its a rubber seal not foam, I have now attached a photo, you can see the seal hanging off the end.

Kind regards
Paul
Don't know if calling Keen may help, but I found this diagram I believe it applies.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:13 AM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Kind regards
Paul
It may be this part number # 730392 it fits various GM year cylinders. Seems others on this forum have searched for this item too.
Good Luck.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:10 PM
PBCloud
Racer

Originally Posted by caskiguy
It may be this part number # 730392 it fits various GM year cylinders. Seems others on this forum have searched for this item too.
Good Luck.

Having searched a number of forums it seems many have been searching unsucessfully for this part; however this looks very much the part I have been seeking so many thanks I'll follow-up and order, and well done for finding it.

Kind regards
Paul
Old 03-11-2017, 12:14 PM
PBCloud
Racer

Having searched a number of forums it seems many have been searching unsucessfully for this part; however this looks very much the part I have been seeking so many thanks I'll follow-up and order, and well done for finding it.

Kind regards
Paul
It seems its out of stock, if you have one do you want to sell it?

Paul
Old 03-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi c & Paul,
That looks like a pretty nice find!!!!
Regards,
Alan
Old 03-11-2017, 01:09 PM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Kind regards
Paul
I think unfortunately this part has been discontinued, not to say it can't be found. You may have luck at a salvage yard as this part was used on other GM vehicles I believe. I'll keep looking as I easily get hooked on the hunt. If I find it I'll let you know.
Best.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:30 PM
PBCloud
Racer

Originally Posted by caskiguy
I think unfortunately this part has been discontinued, not to say it can't be found. You may have luck at a salvage yard as this part was used on other GM vehicles I believe. I'll keep looking as I easily get hooked on the hunt. If I find it I'll let you know.
Best.
Many thanks, I still have the old one so may be able to copy by cutting some rubber scraps it as its a flat shape.

Kind regards
Paul
Old 03-14-2017, 01:04 PM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

On the end of the master cylinder sits a round rubber seal 2 1/4" diameter that fits into the recess on the end of the cylinder forming the seal between the master cylinder and the power brake booster. I want to replace as just refurbished the reservoir but having difficulty in finding this part can anyone identify it or know where I can get one?

Kind regards
Paul
I was notified today via an email that you may be able to get a gasket through NAPA Auto Parts, see if they can cross check the old part number, it's worth a try.
Good Luck with the search.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:40 PM
biackbenz
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 69 Posts

I also have been looking for this part. Including a NAPA store but no one even shows this ring on any of their drawings or listings.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:55 PM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by biackbenz
I also have been looking for this part. Including a NAPA store but no one even shows this ring on any of their drawings or listings.
I located this part ( pictured above ) on DocRebuilds website, he had these a while back I guess but unfortunately he sold out of them. I used the picture as a example. From what I gather the master cylinder was used in other years 67-76 and other models Camaro I believe.
Believe me I don't give up the hunt easily, so if I happen to find them I'll repost here.
Good Luck

Last edited by caskiguy; 03-14-2017 at 01:55 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-14-2017, 02:10 PM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by biackbenz
Couldn't help myself so I just spoke with Keen Parts and the fella I spoke to let me know that this gasket serves as spacer and no air or fluid is effected by this connection. I understand the desire to keep it original but no harm done if one chooses to fabricate their own gasket. I have again learned something new. Which is a very good thing.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:36 PM
carriljc
Le Mans Master

Received 882 Likes on 767 Posts

Default Try this ....

Hopefully it's ok to mention where i found this.
*****If not, then moderator, feel free to delete.****

Googling for it shows Davies Corvette has this for $3.95 and their part number Part #: 534068 ....and they even mention the gm part number right next to it:OEM/GM #: 730392
Old 03-15-2017, 12:17 AM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by carriljc
Hopefully it's ok to mention where i found this.
*****If not, then moderator, feel free to delete.****

Googling for it shows Davies Corvette has this for $3.95 and their part number Part #: 534068 ....and they even mention the gm part number right next to it:OEM/GM #: 730392
You did good. It is a round O-Ring, not flat if you will but will work for me if I ever need one. I'm sure others will appreciate you finding this part. :flag
Thanks
Old 03-15-2017, 01:15 PM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

I always remove and save the seals off of my oil filters as I remove them and throw them in a container. You never know when they might come in handy. You'd be surprised at the different sizes and shapes some of them are. Some are even rectangular instead of round. The fuel filter on my diesel Super Duty uses a big one that is rectangular.

I've found if you need a gasket such as the OP showed, and can't find the exact one, they can often be cut to the length needed and the ends glued together.

Good luck... GUSTO
Old 03-16-2017, 10:59 AM
carriljc
Le Mans Master

Received 882 Likes on 767 Posts

Default years ago i need a gasket for a oil-cooler adapter

.... since the O-ring part that came with it would not seal. It was just slightly small ....I'd guess "iffy" quality control ...but anyway....

I went to a tranny shop and the guy let me look thru all his "spent" boxes of unused tranny repair parts. There was a multitude of gaskets, seals, rubber parts, gasket parts, and whatnot.

I ended up finding a perfect rubber part. It was even "stepped" so it sealed quite well, I'd guess even better than a properly-sized o-ring would have sealed.

Just an idea for someone looking for seals or gaskets.

Oh, and the guy just gave it to me.

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Master Cylinder Seal 1970.

Quick Reply: Brake Master Cylinder Seal 1970.