C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flaming river power Rack & Pinion for a C3

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 12:53 PM
SRountree
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flaming river power Rack & Pinion for a C3

Is there anyone here who installed this set up? I am seriously thinking about removing the one I made from a grand am R&P because this system is a bolt on application and it looks pretty solid. If you did use this unit, do you like it? Do you have bump steer? Any issues?
Old 04-02-2017, 02:28 PM
USAFVeteran
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Maybe not any help to you, but I installed the Steeroids (power) kit for my 69. It was fairly easy to install, straight forward, good instructions, and everything you need to install.

I love it, it make the car feel like a slot car, in comparison to what it was.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:30 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

OP, what is not right/satisfactory about your install?? It reads like you have something now, from a junkyard, the way I did winter 01-02.....

Old 04-03-2017, 02:14 AM
Patro46
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I too went with the Steeroids power rack setup. If you compair the two, you'd bet they came off the same manufacturing plant.
Steeroids addressed the bump steer issue with the ability to raise or lower the tie rod end links with different thickness spacers.

My build was an LS swap, and I had to change the pump pressure on the power steering pump. Not sure about your pump, but the type 3 pump puts too much pressure and needed dropped to around 850 psi.
After that, this is one mod you'll appreciate EVERY time you get behind the wheel. My original 74 power steering reminded me of an old Ford 8N tractor steering.
The power rack? Day and night difference!

Last edited by Patro46; 04-03-2017 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:58 PM
SRountree
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased a new R&P and all new parts as described by the mod forum I used. I made my brackets to mount the unit and I can drive it but its not perfect. I could keep messing with to try to work out the bugs but its not really one of those things I am good at. With the bolt in, I will have the confidence that it will be right. Pricy but it shouldnt take long.

Get notified of new replies

To Flaming river power Rack & Pinion for a C3

Quick Reply: Flaming river power Rack & Pinion for a C3